A favour please

Can everyone stay indoors around the stafford area tomorrow about 1 oclock please,

i have got my class one test, if i remove all traffic i should be OK :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

thank you for your co operation in this matter

pete

Thought there was a fuel convoy in Stafford tommorow at 12 .30…

I’ll be in Stafford tomorrow, i’ll be about 87 years old, in my silver Saxo (arn’t they all?) with a flat cap. My fat wife will be navigating, coz i’ve got glasses like
coke bottles, and i’ll be weaving between the lanes doing 19mph right in front of you. When we hit the open road i’ll be doing various speeds,all way below the posted limits, and i’ll brake for no reason just when you’re least expecting it.
If you pass my test, you’ll have your Class one by 1400!
Good luck.

class 1 test on a saturday pete, you’ll miss the football! :unamused:
I’ll do my bit by staying here in Blackpool :wink: Good luck anyway mate.

Good luck mate, who you doing it with?

i did my class 1 test at 8am it took me 20 mins to clear the first roundabout that only left 30 mins for the rest of the drive.
Good luck

I’ll be in Stafford tomorrow, i’ll be about 87 years old, in my silver Saxo (arn’t they all?) with a flat cap. My fat wife will be navigating, coz i’ve got glasses like

Beware - this is probably exactly what will happen.

On test there is always one person whose aim in life is to *** up your test - your job is to find him - identify him - and deal with him.
good luck - you can do it.

Found these:

dsa.gov.uk/Documents/TestRou … es_1-5.pdf

dsa.gov.uk/Documents/TestRou … _11-15.pdf

Ken.

206doorman:
coke bottles, and i’ll be weaving between the lanes doing 19mph right in front of you. When we hit the open road i’ll be doing various speeds,all way below the posted limits, and i’ll brake for no reason just when you’re least expecting it.
If you pass my test, you’ll have your Class one by 1400!
Good luck.

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think you were in front of me on the A171 to Teeside :imp:

Discopete:
Can everyone stay indoors around the stafford area tomorrow about 1 oclock please,

i have got my class one test, if i remove all traffic i should be OK :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

thank you for your co operation in this matter

pete

he must have passed and hasnt bothered coming home to come on the forum and give us the results
hes in the pub now celebrating his pass and has forgotton all about us poor souls waiting here. :laughing: :laughing:

Failed in the cruelist way

two minutes from the end of the test, on a hill start in an artic, indicate to pull out, and two cars stop behind the trailer, so i take the moment to pull away, then the two cars decide to overtake, and the first car 200 yrds past me slows down and pulls into his drive !!! leaving the other car on the wrong side of the road briefly,

Examiner marked it as a serious fault and a fail , would not mind but the other hour of the test i clocked up 3 minor faults, so nearly a faultless drive !!!

Im mad now, all cus someone was too impatient to wait for me to get out the way, why overtake me then pull across me to ge ton your drive, why not wait the 20 seconds for me to get up the hill, and pull on your drive behind me

not a happy bunny !!! well and truly stitched up !

and 206 doorman, yes they were both silver cars, was not you was itâ– â– ? :laughing:

SORRY to hear that ,and wish you all the best for the next test
you will pass mate and then you will just put that part of the
training in the keep closed box,

Discopete:
… then the two cars decide to overtake, and the first car 200 yrds past me slows down and pulls into his drive !!! leaving the other car on the wrong side of the road briefly …

The problem with this scenario is it’s not unusual - in fact it’s becoming the norm.

Discopete:
Examiner marked it as a serious fault and a fail , would not mind but the other hour of the test i clocked up 3 minor faults, so nearly a faultless drive !!!
:

… and it never ceases to amaze me how an examiner marks this up as a serious fault on your part. But as we all know the realities of driving aren’t allowed to influence the test.

Sorry to hear you failed Pete, just mark it down to experience and get straight back in for another go.

Stan

No I was busy,so I sent my cousin instead. :smiling_imp:

What a bummer. I had an awkward situation on my test as well. Luckily the
examiner could see that, in my case, I was damned whatever I did, so he
didn’t mark me down.

Hope you get a re-test quickly.

You’ll be fine next time.

passed today 2 minors :laughing:

well done disco.

nice one

Well done Pete.

Welcome to the real world of trucking.

Ken.

sorry to hear you fail just keep the faith you will get there in the end

i thought i had failed mine when the old daf i took my test in ran out of air in the rush hour traffic at a major roundabout the lights change 3 times before i could pull away again passed though with only 6 lessons :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats a good result 2 minors!! Well done!

well done pete now you can really start learning to drive a big wagon.