a fair wage

when we all go on the 48hours, what do you all think a fair wage should be :question:

£10 an hour

im already on that and getting a pay rise the most i do is 55 hours and ive only done that once in the last 4 weeks :laughing:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
lucky you !
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I dont get a tenner an hour (yet) but I certainly dont work for £5.50 an hour like some of the unfortunate drivers on this forum, it isnt their fault, thats all some hauliers pay their drivers…If I wanted to drive for any of the companies in Lincoln I would have to take a serious paycut But being the greedy [zb] that I am (plus the fact I put a value on my licence so wouldnt drive for less than I think its worth) I would rather sign on the dole than give it away .
I am prepared to be away monday-friday to get the money I want/need, if I wanted to be home every night I would have to take a pay cut.

£10 per hour

is still less then what i earned last year, ok so i had to put a few hours in over 48 but that was my choice not some muppets in suits in brussels stating what i can and can’t earn…

10 x 48 x 52=£ 24,960 thats the maths :cry:

jon

Ok so I earn more than 25k a year, I do more than 48 hours & reckon on 4 nights out a week to get that but if I have to drop a grand or two, a grand is 20 quid a week!

i wasnt intending to brag about my wage my intention was to show that companys are willing to pay it now as they realise people no longer want to be drivers anymore or like me and tramp so wages for day and night work have gone up to attract drivers away from tramping as depending on how the wtd is implemented could end tramping (plenty said about that on another thread) :unamused: :laughing:

Yeah, I contributed (matter of opinion) to that thread also, tramping can be done whilst staying within the 48 hours.
Werent you bragging? oh sorry, my mistake :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Believe the last line of that & you will believe anything :laughing:

I was earning £6 per hour driving a class2 in 1991 :smiley: , I am now on £5.50 ph driving an artic in 2004 :cry: .

Now where did I leave my mop+bucket!!!

Paul

jonboy:
£10 per hour

is still less then what i earned last year, ok so i had to put a few hours in over 48 but that was my choice not some muppets in suits in brussels stating what i can and can’t earn…

10 x 48 x 52=£ 24,960 thats the maths :cry:

jon

What about the time and a half after the first 8 hours :question: Working over there I would settle for nothing less :exclamation: