A.E. Stuart & Sons Livestock Hauliers.

Hello All,

I made this request on the Old Time Drivers / Companies board, thought I would give it a short here as well.

Does anybody have any pictures of A.E. Stuart & Sons Livestock Hauliers from Exeter? My Uncle drove for them in the 70s & 80s.

Any westcounrty livestock haulage / market pictures would be interesting.

All the best,

Andrew

I have a painting of 1 of there old Volvo’s on my wall!!! :laughing: :wink:
I will take a picture of it.

Many thanks for that Removalboy!!

Where did you come by the painting?

I’ll show this to my Uncle when I’m in Devon next. I hope to get some of his photo’s, both of Stuart’s & my Dad’s lorries (R.G.S Stone Fenny Bridges), scanned for posting on here.

Are Redaways Removals connected to the General / Agricultural hauliers from Devon?

All the best!

Andrew Stone

I got the painting out of a calendar and framed it (well my dad did anyway).
Reddaways isn’t connected to the General / Agricultural hauliers from Devon anymore but we used to be.We used to livestock and hay haulage but now its all removals.
I’m just 15 but my dad said he used to work alongside A.E. Stuart & Sons at cattle markets and things.He also new the boss quite well. :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for that Removalboy,

I’m guessing your Dad would remember Goodings of Ottery St Mary, Harold Parsons (now Parsons haulage / logistics) & CJ Pleese of Aylsbeare, all livestock hauliers.

I’m seem to remember moving some Hay & Straw for French’s of Exeter one summer, must be 20 odd years ago know, & there being a Reddaways lorry working for them at the same time. If my memory is correct it was a Dodge Commando, very similar to the one we were using at the time?

Anyway thanks again!

Andrew Stone

Pebbles 74:
If my memory is correct it was a Dodge Commando, very similar to the one we were using at the time?

It was a Dodge Commando and before that we had a couple Dodge K10’s.

Pebbles 74:
(now Parsons haulage / logistics)

My uncle Drives for them and recently got there 80th anniversary lorry. :smiley: :sunglasses:

remember scania 110 artic and volvo F7 eight legger with double deck cattle body

Pebbles 74:
Hello All,

I made this request on the Old Time Drivers / Companies board, thought I would give it a short here as well.

Does anybody have any pictures of A.E. Stuart & Sons Livestock Hauliers from Exeter? My Uncle drove for them in the 70s & 80s.

Any westcounrty livestock haulage / market pictures would be interesting.

All the best,

Andrew