A E R INSKIP of BEDFORD

Hi Guys and Gals, newbie on here after much viewing. I’ m keen to locate any old photos of A E R INSKIP of BEDFORD, in particular ( all 4 wheel Albion flat beds ) 695 ETM, ABM 644C, FNM 983E. I would also be interested in any others from the 60’s and 70’s. I would appreciate any info and possibilitys of viewing/ buying any. Thanks in advance

Bump - Anybody help at all please ?

Remember AER Inskip very well
from late 70’s onwards
The ole chap was good mates with Vic Inskip
That was at the time when they moved Chocolate for a company called Meltus I believe and also MIchelin Tyres who had a warehouse on the far side of Bedford

Unable to help with any pictures but I can talk to Truckerash

Rush green had a nice Erf c series unit from I them ,last time I saw it the diesel tank had rotted but it had a nice blue trim.

Dan Punchard:
Rush green had a nice Erf c series unit from I them ,last time I saw it the diesel tank had rotted but it had a nice blue trim.

Ran quite a few A/B/C series Dan
■■■■■■■ Fullers
remember some scania’s and a few Fiat 684 and 170
Think Vic said they where cheap :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Only one I can find

JLC00172-2.jpg

Not sure that’s the one john as c reg would be brown trim .

Couple sure somebody can expand them

untitled.png

25986.png

The Boys Own:
from late 70’s onwards
That was at the time when they moved Chocolate for a company called Meltus I believe and also MIchelin Tyres who had a warehouse on the far side of Bedford

Thanks, yes indeed “Meltis” the makers of TOBLERONE and also Newberry Fruits, who then became Tobler Suchard. They also at that time did a lot out of London Brick, Tate & Lyle, BOCM Silcocks to name a few
Did your dad work for them?

M C HAMMER:

The Boys Own:
from late 70’s onwards

Thanks, yes indeed “Meltis” the makers of TOBLERONE and also Newberry Fruits, who then became Tobler Suchard. They also at that time did a lot out of London Brick, Tate & Lyle, BOCM Silcocks to name a few
Did your dad work for them?

No he didn’t
Subbed work to Inskip and vice versa
Remember sitting in Vic’s office with my father who passed comment on couple of new coils of rope
Vic responded by saying in Bedford I buy the all the rope thou Jimmy Laughton buys all the light lenses and bulbs!!!

In my day, early 60s, Inskips mainly carted bricks and Brussels sprouts from Bedfordshire to Manchester Markets and bricks to building sites in Kent.