A Day in the life....... (picture heavy)

:laughing: :laughing:

Once you have cracked the round parcels isn’t so bad. The hard work is at the start. Nice diary!

Dave55:
I know you defended your van, but mate - your motor’s a shed :open_mouth: No offence :slight_smile:

No offence taken, it is a shed. In fact my shed at home is more luxurious lol. At the end of the day its built to do a job and it does the job very well, it isnt designed to be driven very far, in the US some trucks like these travel only a couple of city blocks a day and do 300+ drops, not quite the same in this country but still.
The new trucks are based on the Vario and at least have an upholstered cab but everything else is similar.

good post this brings back a lot of memories.
i had an M reg package car when it was new on birmingham central (B1-B5)doing a similar amount of stops,my trolley put more miles on it than the truck did.before that came i had an F reg roadrunner then a G reg roadrunner than an L reg merc 609d van,all ex carryfast.
it was great till they brought in the diad and a route planning scheme which sent you out on a loop instead of postcodes,this was pre sat nav so doing a hundred stops plus collections in a new area each day was hard work…the pay was killed overnight and then i moved back to being a mechanic.

aim high in steering.
never speed upto a stale green light.
lock the load area everytime.

all good brainwashing… :smiley:

Good diary with great pictures,reminded me of when i first started doing multi drop for a catering consumables company. Spent lots of time waiting to drop at fresh direct tho :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

great post and diary…brought back memories of doing multi drop catering supplies in the lakes as a 17 year old in a merc van!!

Brilliant post and very interesting read, better and less in your face than a certain persons posts on here…well done… I did multi drops for 14 years and it is bloody hard work to get them all done in a day, and the more I managed to do, the more I got, such fun!!!

More posts very soon please, with loads of pics of truckers with their trucks if possible!