A D Boyes (Ireby) Photo Request

Hello
A D Boyes of Ireby, ■■■■■■■ have always been a long time favorite haulier of mine.
They run a smart fleet of 6 DAF CF’s and mainly haul bus chassies for Dennis.

So, my request is has anyone got any photos of the companys lorries, past and present.
Also, memories and infomation about A D Boyes would be very welcome

In particular, photos of the companys DAF XF which they ran until a few years ago would be great. The reg was: PX05 CKG and I think it went to Tyson H Burridge of Distington.
Kindest regards
CG

004.JPG

Come on Trucknet, there must be someone out there who likes A D Boyes?
Kindest regards
CG

Don’t think this is still going, seem’s to be all DAFs these days.

truckfing:
Don’t think this is still going, seem’s to be all DAFs these days.

Hello truckfing
Thankyou for that excelent photo marra.

Yes, I would agree with you on that. I haven’t seen that Volvo around for quite a few years
I think it could have been that last Volvo they bought.
Kindest regards
CG

I think it replaced an F16 which I do have a picture of but it is a hidden away slide. Here is one of the current ones loaded with bus chassis, I remember seeing them being driven up the M6 with the drivers wrapped up tight and wearing flying helmets with goggles

truckfing:
I think it replaced an F16 which I do have a picture of but it is a hidden away slide. Here is one of the current ones loaded with bus chassis, I remember seeing them being driven up the M6 with the drivers wrapped up tight and wearing flying helmets with goggles

Excelent photo truckfing. Many thanks for posting that marra
Your right about the F16. I can remember thatr hauling out of DEC/Corus at Workington
Kindest regards
CG
P.S I bet driving them chassis up the M6 was a hard life. I sertainly wouldn’t have liked to do that

i spent 22years working on that scrap in chapel bank :frowning: much happier now im driving ,…should have done it years ago!! :smiley:

syramax:
i spent 22years working on that scrap in chapel bank :frowning: much happier now im driving ,…should have done it years ago!! :smiley:

Hello syramax
Thankyou for your post marra. When you worked at DEC on the scrap, can you remember Ken Story?
Kindest regards
CG
P.S I don’t blaim you in wanting to get out of DEC. I know a lot of people who worked there and say exactly the smae as you marra

i knew a willie story ,what did ken do ■■? (probably very little like the rest of us :wink: ) the pice o scrap on the trailer is a port talbot 2 top zone ,these were refurbished in ccsd where i spent most of my time, over the rd from chapel bank.although they moved that department into chapel bank a few years ago its possilbe yer marra had left before i got there. i do remember alec (now left us) and robby though .last time i seen robby he was struggling with his eyesight ,sugar i think■■? two great fellas ,i remember mentioning to robby i was going to the midlands to buy a car 5 mins later he came back to me with a lift arranged with one of his drivers (roy) ,i think i slept most of the way down . i must have been great company :blush:

syramax:
i knew a willie story ,what did ken do ■■? (probably very little like the rest of us :wink: ) the pice o scrap on the trailer is a port talbot 2 top zone ,these were refurbished in ccsd where i spent most of my time, over the rd from chapel bank.although they moved that department into chapel bank a few years ago its possilbe yer marra had left before i got there. i do remember alec (now left us) and robby though .last time i seen robby he was struggling with his eyesight ,sugar i think■■? two great fellas ,i remember mentioning to robby i was going to the midlands to buy a car 5 mins later he came back to me with a lift arranged with one of his drivers (roy) ,i think i slept most of the way down . i must have been great company :blush:

Hello syramax
Thankyou for that interesting post. My marra Ken worked firstly on the cranes and then (I think) went inside DEC working on cast products. I ask him next time I see him.
Yes, saddly Alec and Robbie have both left us. Robbie only last christmas. I belive he was in the care home in Carlisle, with Jean running the business.

After what I’ve heard about Boyes, everyone loved working for them and they had two, excelent bosses.
Such as same people like this aren’t still around.
Kindest regards
CG

You nearly got the number right CG. I do not have a picture of when it was with Boyes unfortunately.

truckfing:
You nearly got the number right CG. I do not have a picture of when it was with Boyes unfortunately.

Hello truckfing
Excelent photo marra. Many thanks for that. I don’t think Burridges own that now (I think they got a batch of 3 2012 reg DAF XF’s)
Me too, I never managed to get a photo of it when Boyes owned it.
Kindest regards
CG

A Few of my pics here.

flickr.com/photos/67527075@N … 0212270438

flickr.com/photos/67527075@N … hotostream

think i have a few more somewhere will have a look for you.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A Few of my pics here.

flickr.com/photos/67527075@N … 0212270438

flickr.com/photos/67527075@N … hotostream

think i have a few more somewhere will have a look for you.

Hello ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Thankyou for the link to your flicker page. Excelent photos by the way (not just the Boyes ones)
Which bridge do you use over the M6? I’m planning a bridge photo trip and I’m not sure which bridge over the M6 is the best to use
Yes, that would be great if you can find them please.
Kindest regards
CG

just found this amongst my collection taken outside bendalls at carlisle

little ha ba:
just found this amongst my collection taken outside bendalls at carlisle

Hello little ha ba
Thankyou for that excelent photo marra. Many thanks for posting it
Kindest regards
CG

I’m sure I’ve got some pics of Boyes’ wagons somewhere in my collection! When I finally move house (later this month) I will get all my old photo albums from the 90s out of the loft at my parents’ house and transfer them to my new house, then I’ll upload some more pics in a few of these threads!

kevchalluk:
I’m sure I’ve got some pics of Boyes’ wagons somewhere in my collection! When I finally move house (later this month) I will get all my old photo albums from the 90s out of the loft at my parents’ house and transfer them to my new house, then I’ll upload some more pics in a few of these threads!

Hello kevchalluk
That would be excelent if you could marra. Many thanks for posting
I’ll look forward to seeing them
Kindest regards
CG

A D Boyes DAF CF PY09 EKV @ Syke Rd Industrial Estate, Wigton today

Kindest regards
CG

didn they have volvo f16s years ago■■?