A couple of questions if I may

As above, My first question is over a set amount of weeks you can only average a certain amount of work time Ie 60 hours per week.
I keep hearing people always maxing the hours out. How do they comply with the rules?

Also I am paying my deposit for C+E training this friday coming but I just dont feel confident in my abilities.
I also felt the same regarding class C so I should be thinking more positively.

The question is if I fail my test a few times( I will be putting straight back in)
But would I have to take the theories again if I dont pass within the 2 years?
Thanks Thomas

The theory pass is valid for two years so if you don’t pass within the time period for which it’s valid then you’d have to do it again.
If you have low confidence in your abilities then finding the right instructor will make a massive difference. Having someone patient who can build your confidence will be worth the equivalent of a few extra days training over an instructor who gets frustrated and short with you. (Maybe look on this forum for a list of instructors - I know if I had to do my licences again I’d be more than prepared to travel to the right place to get training)
With regards maxing the hours - drivers keep below the 48 hour a week average by using the POA setting which doesn’t count towards your average.

Thankyou M1cks.
I must admit any confidence I did have was shattered by my instructors and the examiner where I did my training.

The instructors would just shout and scream at you and one would smoke in the cab which when I dont smoke was a bit much to take.
When I passed the examiner was giving me a bollocking saying I was waiting for you to cause an accident then flung me my certificate and walked off.

I have already spoke to the new trainer which is Peter Smythe training and he explained alot to me regarding my treatment by the other training school.

Also thanks for the theory issue. I thought that would be what it was but was a little unsure.

Thanks again Thomas

montytom:
As above, My first question is over a set amount of weeks you can only average a certain amount of work time Ie 60 hours per week.
I keep hearing people always maxing the hours out. How do they comply with the rules?

You can only have a maximum working time of 60 hours per week and an average of 48 hours working time over a 17 or 26 (?) week period (determined by your employer). You can keep working hours down by selecting POA for delays you know about in advance eg when you know you’re going to be stuck on a bay. Also, breaks are not counted as working time for these limits. IMO if you’re having to abuse POA to keep your hours down, find a new employer.

Also I am paying my deposit for C+E training this friday coming but I just dont feel confident in my abilities.
I also felt the same regarding class C so I should be thinking more positively.

The question is if I fail my test a few times( I will be putting straight back in)
But would I have to take the theories again if I dont pass within the 2 years?

As M1cks said above, choice of trainer is everything. Before you pay your deposit, pop round for a chat, coffee, check out the facilities and maybe even have an assessment drive. This isn’t for them to assess you, but for you to assess them!
Thanks Thomas

Hope that helps.
Good luck
Cavey

No theory certificate required for upgrade to CE.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thankyou Captain caveman I appreciate it.

Thanks Pete as said thanks again for your pms and Friday ill be definately giving your office a ring.Thanks again Thomas

Give yourself a friendly slap mate and have a bit more confidence in yourself! :smiley: (Genuinely!!!)
Your previous treatment wasn’t good and you shouldn’t assume it will be a repeat, well not as long as you go elsewhere! :open_mouth:

Chin up and crack on! :grimacing:

My instructor at PSTT didn’t even vape in the truck, other quality trainers are also available! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
Give yourself a friendly slap mate and have a bit more confidence in yourself! :smiley: (Genuinely!!!)
Your previous treatment wasn’t good and you shouldn’t assume it will be a repeat, well not as long as you go elsewhere! :open_mouth:

Chin up and crack on! :grimacing:

My instructor at PSTT didn’t even vape in the truck, other quality trainers are also available! :laughing:

Thanks Evil8Beezle Ive given myself a good old slap. Im definitely not going back to where I did my class C.
Thanks again Thomas

Theory pass is valid for 2 years and gets ‘converted’ into a full test pass once you pass any LGV test

Any further LGV tests do not need theory as the LGV theory done for the first conversion covers all LGV categories

ADD = as the authorities seem uninterested in the WTD rules then as long as the EU tacho regs are adhered to then you’ll be ok

It is the responsibility of the employer and not the driver to keep track of WTD hours as drivers are not expected to have a maths degree !

ROG:
as drivers are not expected to have a maths degree !

LOL - I love that, as learning the driving rules as a Newbie is a nightmare… :laughing:
Thankfully you and others seem to know them backwards as well! :smiley: