A couple of pictures from previous weeks

I apologise for the quality, olympos is something I will never buy again

on the border of LV-LT, I guess they were weekended there

the baltics are truly boring, when just driving through

having a lunch and shower near rszeszow, pl. the turkish trucks were parked there before I arrived and were still not going anywhere an hour and a half later, when I left. the reason for that became clear after a few minutes of driving - got a thorough inspection from the polish version of vosa, not a problem, the turks usually don’t fair well in these situations.

good old romania, at least the drawbar was flying, very unusual for a local

good progress being made up until now…

the example on load restraint shows the proximity of turkey, somewhere in bulgaria

nice clear roads though

my favourite place to spend the night around here - hotel somat, kapitan andreevo, the willy betz terminal. a couple of kms to the left is the border with turkey and the lights in the distance are greece

approaching istanbul

at least no worries about someone nicking the plate off the trailer, the customs in gebze

the customs in gebze again

waiting to unload by the akzo nobel factory in gebze

this plastic rambo came knocking on my door every 5 minutes regarding my place of parking, which was not disturbing anyone and was the only proper space available. the police was supposed to arrive in 5 minutes according to him and they would fine me heavily but after two hours of waiting it was only him, looking as if he was going to cry.

about 15 of these were sitting across the street from the customs, probably heading for the oilfields in the south

what a nice bloody decal to display on your truck

well the plates are bulgarian

the turks sure care about emissions of all sorts. somewhere between istanbul and ankara

and this is where the fun part of turkey ends, my exit from the motorway

getting some fuel and a shower in samsun

nice scenery but very slow progress

the backbone of the turkish transport industry - the otosan transit

garbage? not a problem! throw it in the nearest available hole in the ground.

looking back at the tr-ge border at sarpi, it was quite a long day

batumi

on the motorway approaching tbilisi

the tbilisi ring road. since I did not request for somebody to meet me before the city this time, I thought I would honor the law and not drive through the center as I did last time, it was the rush hour and stupid me thought that since I had to get to the airport on the other side of tbilisi, the ring road might get me there faster. 2 hours and 70kms later I did not think that anymore.

the local builders market, not hard to see why most of the materials needed for the remodelling of the estonian embassy were brought by me from 5000kms away

the asphalt in turkey and georgia gets slippery as hell when wet and this was a very common sight

the view after pulling the curtains one morning

didn’t see too many trucks from turkmenistan

at least they take visa… merzifon-ankara

the road from ankara to izmir was almost perfect, some patches still under construction though

this did take some work, reloading at ajan cnc, izmir

almost ready to go…

the gulf of izmir

izmir customs

an australian traveller

well it’s nice to see a 200gram counterweight on the wheel of a car that has just rolled out of the factory, but I was not going to buy a dacia anyway

sleeping in the middle of the road in romania, somewhere between calimanesti and sebes

last coffee before arriving in estonia - statoil, bauska lv

it took 27 days altogether, about 11000 kms

Great diary and great pics. Cheers.

thanks a great read and excellent photos

Some fantastic photos there Milodon. Thanks. I have one somewhere of an open tilt trailer with the sheet rolled back in Bulgaria and carrying 2 cows, both roped on over their backs, I have to dig it out :smiley:

nice diary…

thats not Euromat in 1st pic is it?

brilliant diary and pics mate , i remember loading at rszeszow , i pulled into a shell garage just before to get directions and was told once on the ring road to turn left at tescos :open_mouth: :laughing:

great diary and pics thanks :smiley: :wink:

andy i thought the same wouldnt it be funny if it were euromat youd never think youd bump into another trucknet member all the way out there would ya .

very very good diary and excellent pictures.

Nice diary mate and some great pics of places most of us on here wont
ever see,thanks. :smiley: :smiley:

If any of those trucks in the first pic was euromat, his truck would be the last on the right as you look at the picture, he has a Super Space Cab XF now.
Thanks for the pictures, it gives me some sort of idea what ive got to come in the next 2 months when i go down that way.

That’s a nice diary milodon.

kindle530:
Thanks for the pictures, it gives me some sort of idea what ive got to come in the next 2 months when i go down that way.

We look forward to seeing your photo diary too Kindle. :slight_smile:

Great diary and pics milodon. :smiley:

Many thanks for taking the time to post it up for us.:grimacing:

Absolutely fantastic photos and brought back some brilliant memories!

I’ve been to Tbilisi myself, I delivered a petrol refuelling tanker there then flew back. I went Dover-Calais, through Switzerland to Italy, Ancona-Patras, then up through Greece into Bulgaria and got the ferry from Burgas to Poti in Georgia.

I liked Georgia very much, poor though it is.

When I flew back I was arrested at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow as my Russian visa had expired and I was held in a detention centre overnight as an illegal immigrant!

Would love to see more of these pics.

milodon:
I apologise for the quality, olympos is something I will never buy again

on the border of LV-LT, I guess they were weekended there

hi milodon, fantastic pictures and read, keep them coming!!!

these poor sufferers are some of the trucks on the kiss tour, they would of been en route to riga, from athens, with very little time to do it!!!

Awesome pics!!! thanks! :smiley:

Thoroughly enjoyed that , thanks.

great pics.

And, btw, city in Poland is Rzeszów :wink:

I know, it’s a tricky one :slight_smile:

Great stuff!

How some people live…

TC