A couple more firms I could use a verdict on please!

PMP at Huddersfield. I know their Southampton branch were a good lot, are they the same up here? The mileage pay thing wouldn’t, as you can imagine, bother me in the slightest. Been fancying going back on Deep Sea boxes for some time.

Vos Logistics. Got talking to one of their guys last week and am seriously tempted as there’d be just enough Continental work for variety, but without being abroad too much (small children, ill huband and all that) PLUS they homebase all their wagons which would solve my changing job/moving house aka chicken and egg problem. Money is apparently perfectly respectable too AND they have a waiting list (always a good sign).

All views good and bad greatly appreciated.

Is this a wind up? :unamused:

Both have been discussed in depth in the none too distant past and you should avoid both of them.

PMP will have you running bent and so will VOS.

I have seen countless posts moaning about how little VOS pays.

See now, this is where it gets intriguing, because I’ve seen evidence that they’re paying really quite well. That may be a very recent change, hence asking if anyone knew the latest. No wind up, just after the most up to date info I can get to corroborate what I heard from a guy on there last week. He had no axe to grind or point to prove, btw…the rates and conditions he was quoting weren’t so good as to be exaggerated, just about right for the area (NE England)…and I know who he left to go on there too, as a fair comparison.

As for PMP supposedly running bent, what do you mean by bent? Bit of off card tipping when it suits the driver? Or proper bent? Again, doesn’t tally up with what I’ve heard recently, again from a reliable source.

As I said, no wind up, just after the very LATEST info, as the stories aren’t tallying at the moment. Better to check than either find out or miss out the hard way. :wink:

Lucy:
As for PMP supposedly running bent, what do you mean by bent? Bit of off card tipping when it suits the driver? Or proper bent? Again, doesn’t tally up with what I’ve heard recently, again from a reliable source.

Yeah it’s that Dan aka Boo that’s been telling you that.

Let me put it another way, I was doing 600-700km+ per day and 4 nights out and I never cleared more than £360 in my hand. You’re paid on mileage after so many miles and you will have to run bent to make a decent wage, trust me.

Also, you’ll be in a knackered P or R-reg DAF85 space cab and they’re all knackered to [zb] although they’ve started getting R-series Hi-lines for the blue eyed boys.

Finally, having read your arguments with your current TM, I really can’t see you and Graham getting on very well at all. Graham is the TM (and part owner of the co.) at Huddersfield.

Gotta be honest here and say I’m very very surprised to hear anyone saying PMP run bent ■■?

They were the very first customer for the Driver Hour Guard CE01 buying over 25 and still to this day buy them to give to their new drivers.

Why would a company spend money on timers to keep the drivers legal if they want them to run bent?

Davey Driver:
Gotta be honest here and say I’m very very surprised to hear anyone saying PMP run bent ■■?

They were the very first customer for the Driver Hour Guard CE01 buying over 25 and still to this day buy them to give to their new drivers.

Why would a company spend money on timers to keep the drivers legal if they want them to run bent?

Perhaps things have changed and they got the timers to STOP drivers running bent? It’s been a few years since I worked there now and there were NO timers back then. You are still paid on mileage though and both the wagons and pay are [zb] in my opinion. However, everyone seems to think they know best and they’re a good company to work for so all I can say is go for it, but don’t come moaning on here about them when you find out I was right. :unamused:

Edited for stupidity error

It was actually an old colleague from Southampton who I was talking to a couple of weeks ago, hence trusting the source.

Sounds like a no-go though, thanks again.

Lucy for european work what about
Hauser, brit-european from stoke-on-trent
kent line, TAP LINE; Birds,Simmons group,
to name a few,

Lucy, PMP are advertising in Hudds for a class 1 right now. See job ref HUD/64815 on jobcentre site.

:bulb:

Cheers Rob. If they’re reduced to advertising that would be a “no” then. We all know what they say about the “best” jobs going through word of mouth. :wink:

No rush, anyway. Neuro review isn’t until the end of September, just doing my preparaton/homework at the moment.