A bit unsure... i suppose

Hi. New speed limits (sigh) i know, i know… d/c 60mph, s/c 50mph. But thats on A roads only. So if youre on a B road its still 40mph yes? What about when you get a s/c but its not a national speed but its 50mph. Are you allowed to do 50mph? and the last one :slight_smile: has anyone gone past a speed camera on a s/c doing 50mph without making it flash. I still brake to 40mph before the camera. Cant do it. so scarred :frowning: i aint got no more lifes left. done the course already ;(

And I thought it was only car drivers that did not know the speed limits! Oh dear. :unamused:

Yes it applies on ALL s/c nsl single carriageways (Scotland excepted) regardless of whether A or B class. A s/c with a blanket 50mph limit will apply to all vehicles regardless of whether HGV/car/van etc, so no, you do not need to slow to a lower speed on these roads.

I’ve set three cameras off in the last two weeks and am confident of zero comeback as I have commited no offence.

Disclaimer; all speeds quoted are limits therefore traffic or other issues may cause you to travel considerably slower. There, that should satisfy nit and pick. :wink:

albion1971:
And I thought it was only car drivers that did not know the speed limits! Oh dear. :unamused:

Stop being a condescending prick and maybe try being a bit more helpful you sound like a right miserable old git!!

jay0:

albion1971:

Stop being a condescending prick and maybe try being a bit more helpful you sound like a right miserable old git!!

Yes sir anything you say sir…sorry but I find it unbelievable that a so called professional driver does not even know the speed limits. I mean it’s not hard is it?

For your information I have helped 1000’s of drivers gain a license and funnily enough none of then thought I was condescending or miserable.

Standards… :unamused:

Inthe o/p’s defence Albion he does seem to be aware of the limits, but maybe doesn’t quite trust what he/she has been told, so asks for clarification. That’s the beauty of sites like this; you may get duff information occasionally but someone will be along to correct it shortly.

I’m sure you of all people appreciates the fact that the o/p has asked advice rather than carry on regardless.

home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/m … 3973700001

the maoster:
Inthe o/p’s defence Albion he does seem to be aware of the limits, but maybe doesn’t quite trust what he/she has been told, so asks for clarification. That’s the beauty of sites like this; you may get duff information occasionally but someone will be along to correct it shortly.

I’m sure you of all people appreciates the fact that the o/p has asked advice rather than carry on regardless.

Yes I know and you are quite right. Sometimes I just can’t help myself… :smiley:

albion1971:
For your information I have helped 1000’s of drivers gain a license :stuck_out_tongue: and funnily enough :laughing: I can’t spell it

Standards indeed :unamused: :smiley:

If in doubt…flat out!!!

dri-diddly-iver:

albion1971:
For your information I have helped 1000’s of drivers gain a license :stuck_out_tongue: and funnily enough :laughing: I can’t spell it

Standards indeed :unamused: :smiley:

Oops a S instead of C …my driving standards are far higher…honest. :blush:

OK, forgiven…but that really should be ‘an s’ I think :laughing:

albion1971:
Yes I know and you are quite right. Sometimes I just can’t help myself… :smiley:

Fair play, I’m the same tbh. :smiley:

albion1971:

jay0:

albion1971:

Yes sir anything you say sir…sorry but I find it unbelievable that a so called professional driver does not even know the speed limits. I mean it’s not hard is it?

For your information I have helped 1000’s of drivers gain a license and funnily enough none of then thought I was condescending or miserable.

Well my apologies for being a tad vulgar, I just get very wound up when someone asks for some genuine advice on here and get told they should know all the answers already and I can sort of understand it when it’s been answered a hundred times before but these new changes in the speed limit are just after being put into practice so there is bound to be a drivers who are not 100% sure of when and where it applies

albion1971:

jay0:

albion1971:

You say this, yet my entire company didn’t realise the new law was in! No one believes me…ah well!

Thank you for the answers. And that moning git whos name i wasnt bothered to remember go and do one. I ask what i want to ask and theres nothing you can do. I can even ask what the dog clip is for or how do you release the jaws to get the trailer to uncouple

Trucker8oy:
Thank you for the answers. And that moning git whos name i wasnt bothered to remember go and do one. I ask what i want to ask and theres nothing you can do. I can even ask what the dog clip is for or how do you release the jaws to get the trailer to uncouple

My dog has a lamb clip - oh and she releases her jaws if you get her a biscuit

If only the government had a website where they published such information.

Oh wait, they do…

ckm1981:
If in doubt…flat out!!!

now where have I seen that before??

Oh yes - on me bike !!!

I’ve only passed two single carriageway NSL cameras since the change and in both instances the lorries in front slowed to just over 40…and if they hadn’t slowed me i would have done so anyway purely out of habit.