A bit unclear (rest period)

Hello. Just a quick one today :slight_smile: i had my 24h reduced rest last weekend (i worked mon to sat and had sun off) back in on a mon, tue, wed off(doctor) thur and friday i was in. In theory i should have my 45h rest period this weekend. My boss asked me to come in for a short day tomorrow have sunday off back in on a monday, tuesday off and back to normal on a wednesday. Im like i cant do it i can only do tuesday if i do sat. He goes no no ur ok cuz u have tues off. Can anyone please tell me whether its legal or not. Thank you. It turned out longer than i expected. Sorry :slight_smile:

Trucker8oy:
Hello. Just a quick one today :slight_smile: i had my 24h reduced rest last weekend (i worked mon to sat and had sun off) back in on a mon, tue, wed off(doctor) thur and friday i was in. In theory i should have my 45h rest period this weekend. My boss asked me to come in for a short day tomorrow have sunday off back in on a monday, tuesday off and back to normal on a wednesday. Im like i cant do it i can only do tuesday if i do sat. He goes no no ur ok cuz u have tues off. Can anyone please tell me whether its legal or not. Thank you. It turned out longer than i expected. Sorry :slight_smile:

Presumably you mean you can only do Tuesday if you have Saturday off.

It doesn’t look like you can have a reduced weekly rest this week, it looks like your boss thinks that having Sunday and Tuesday off will equate to a regular weekly rest period which of course it doesn’t.

It may be possible for you to have two consecutive weekends with only reduced weekly rest periods but it would mean tracing your weekly rest periods back to the last time you had a holiday or 4 days off, which I assume you won’t want to bother about.

If you want to keep it simple just tell your boss you must have a regular weekly rest period of at-least 45 consecutive hours at-least every second week :wink:

Trucker8oy:

You can’t split the 45hr weekly rest period you are required to take every other week however you have already compensated for the reduced weekly rest last weekend.

ALL SORTED THANK YOU. OFF ON A SAT AND SUN :stuck_out_tongue: BRING ON THE BEER :grimacing: :smiling_imp:

Conor:

Trucker8oy:

however you have already compensated for the reduced weekly rest last weekend.

can u please explain this sentence in more depth :blush: :unamused:

How short a day would it have been saturday ?

would there have been 45 hours off from finishing sat to starting mon ?

Trucker8oy:

Conor:

Trucker8oy:

however you have already compensated for the reduced weekly rest last weekend.

can u please explain this sentence in more depth :blush: :unamused:

You had a reduced weekly rest period last weekend then another day off on Wednesday which would most likely be enough to pay back the compensation for last weekends reduced weekly rest period.

You haven’t said exactly how long your weekly rest was last weekend but lets say it was 28 hours leaving 17 hours compensation to pay back, then lets say on Wednesday you had a total of 28 hours off, that would be 11 hours daily rest plus the 17 hours compensation for last weekends reduced weekly rest period, so the compensation has been paid back.

Like I said we don’t know exactly what hours you had off last weekend or Wednesday so the figures I’ve given are obviously made up for the explanation, but hopefully it will help to explain the point that Conor was making.

tachograph:
You haven’t said exactly how long your weekly rest was last weekend but lets say it was 28 hours leaving 17 hours compensation to pay back, then lets say on Wednesday you had a total of 28 hours off, that would be 11 hours daily rest plus the 17 hours compensation for last weekends reduced weekly rest period, so the compensation has been paid back.

If the 28 hours off on wednesday is used as 11+17 then it cannot be used as a reduced weekly rest as well

It can be used as 11+17 (or 9+19) as long as it is not legally required to be a weeekly rest

Is that another correct way of saying it?

ROG:

tachograph:

If the 28 hours off on wednesday is used as 11+17 then it cannot be used as a reduced weekly rest as well

It can be used as 11+17 (or 9+19) as long as it is not legally required to be a weeekly rest

The OP doesn’t need to use Wednesday as a reduced weekly rest period, he was never going to work more than 6 consecutive days.

tachograph:

ROG:

tachograph:

The OP doesn’t need to use Wednesday as a reduced weekly rest period, he was never going to work more than 6 consecutive days.

I have come across where others do not realised the options available in that situation