A bit of overhang

I’ll have a go at driving most things, but I reckon this would take a fair bit of forward planning.

image.jpg

Aye nice height for enlarging the top windows or making new ones. Eddie.

That’ll present a challenge trying to pull out at junctions :laughing:

Thats can’t be its usual running position, i bet for transit its folded in once or possibly twice to end up in line with the front bumper.

It certainly appeared to be its normal running position, there was no bracketry for it to be secured if running folded back.

It appears to be a Russian ish configuration, I watch Russian crashes on youtube all the time and I’ve seen a few videos of these things spearing through the sides of buses at crossroads :open_mouth:

It was in Bulgaria, and did appear to be an old Russian type of truck, so it most likely was.

At least its in front where you can see it

Hiya…years ago when i drove for Harrisons at Stoke, one company who return loaded us said he wanted 6 lorries in Daganham one Friday. we all got there after tipping our loads where ever. we turn up at this loading yard.
the load was 4 logs 18 inches square and 54 feet long for each lorry. we all had 40 trailers. the loads was for
Simmonds wood Liverpool. the idea was load Friday. we could all NIP through London early Saturday morning
without been noticed. the back lorry had a handkerchief pinned on his logs. 14 feet overhang wouldn’t go down
very well nowadays would it
John

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hiya i was in India a few years ago. there was a 4 wheeler truck (about 24 ft body) carrying 40 ft girders
every time the lorry hit a bump(there are many) the front wheels come into the air. at one time the girders
took over and hit the road, the cab was 8 ft in the air. the driver flagged other drivers down, shouted a
few kids, they walked up the girders and weighed the front down then away he drove. bad part we was
stuck behind the hold up for 20 mins.
i love the lowloader with the 4 wheelers and cars on. i never thought i’d see things like that nowadays.
John