A Bit Of Advice

Hi

Been looking for jobs now for the past 3 months, to no avail and with the current CPS pay freeze, I really need to get another job.

The carpet company my dad works for says they will take me on through an agency, as the big wigs wont let them recruit anyone at the moment. They have also agreed to let me do my CPC through them too :slight_smile:

I really would like to get a job direct with a company but I haven’t driven a truck ( well a 7.5t ) for 2 years and having only passed my Cat C a couple of months ago, I think the chances of fining a direct job are quite slim.

I am really temped to go through the agency and was looking for any impressions you guys have of them. I’ve never really liked the sound of agency work but it would be excellent experience and could make it a little easier finding a direct job. Saying you haven’t driven for 2 years and sit behind a desk all day doesn’t sound too good when applying for jobs, although I don’t say it quite like that.

Any impressions / advice would be appreciated.

Will

If your dad’s company is offering you a job through an agency, find out who they use and go speak to them, let them know you will be given work with your dad’s company and expect your pay to reflect that you have given the agency a contract… Could be a good way into getting experience before you go out as an employed driver

jimti:
If your dad’s company is offering you a job through an agency, find out who they use and go speak to them, let them know you will be given work with your dad’s company and expect your pay to reflect that you have given the agency a contract… Could be a good way into getting experience before you go out as an employed driver

quite agree

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60160&p=720732&hilit=agency+yep+again#p720732

have a quick read hope it helps

btw im drivin ambulance this week all types of them

not driven for a few yrs see in family room and not long passed cat C

if i were you go for it

animal:

jimti:

quite agree

did you notice we joined trucknet on the same day :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

I’m going to ring them tomorrow, see whats what.

It is very tempting, I think I’m going to go for it, just really want to get out of the office.

You dont get tempted to stick on the blues and twos when in traffic do you? :stuck_out_tongue: