A bit of a quiz..........and help! UPDATED

Coffeeholic:

jammymutt:
12. Apparently Ducks dont echo but i never heard of the River Duck?

That’s the way I was thinking as well jammy, trying to think of a river that could be a breed of duck even but can’t think of one.

BTW it is an Urban Myth that a ducks quack doesn’t echo.

I know its not a duck, how about the river Parret

Could be Denis, and on the bird theme there is also a River Lark. Is there not a poem that mentions something about a lark and an echo?

Blatant bump … because i’ve updated the original post with the answers so far…

However, there are still a couple missing. :angry: Help!!

I’ve grasped at straws with some of the answers below - even though I think most of them are way off the mark!! :blush:

1. Does this bird echo?
    Coe

2. Give a greeting? Never.
    Idle or Noe

Crap suggestions, I know, but like I said - grasping at straws…

Those two have me pretty much stumped as well. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Although there is a River Greet which could work for number 19.

The only other one I could come up with, and you’ll need to work with me on this one, :wink: :smiley: The River Dearne. Dear as in the greeting at the beginning of a letter and the ne for never, sort of a cryptic crossword style clue.

Yes, you are correct, those are straws I am clutching in my hand. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1. Liver?, i wont say why just sonder if anyone else might think the same?.

Well it is a type of bird jammy so I can see the way you were thinking, but I don’t think there is a River Liver.

Coffeeholic:
Well it is a type of bird jammy so I can see the way you were thinking, but I don’t think there is a River Liver.

Is the Liver the one in Liverpool?, and the local paper is called the echo?.

jammymutt:

Coffeeholic:

Is the Liver the one in Liverpool?, and the local paper is called the echo?.

That would be the Mersey and it was already an answer to number 21

He may be along the right lines though…isn’t there a “Weaver Duck” (there’s certainly a water bird called a weaver)…? There’s a River Weaver which flows through Runcorn into the Mersey… :bulb:

Q12 Parrott

The river PARROTT runs through the village of South Perrott , in North West Dorset (hometown.aol.co.uk/madlass29/south_perrott.html)
According to thesaurus.com, parrot also means to echo.

number 19. river waveney

Kate:
Q12 Parrott

The river PARROTT runs through the village of South Perrott , in North West Dorset (hometown.aol.co.uk/madlass29/south_perrott.html)
According to thesaurus.com, parrot also means to echo.

Nice one Kate, that has been bugging me and you have cracked it. I’ll be able to sleep now. :smiley: :smiley: