A bit confused :)

Hi, I was just reading some rules and regulations on driving and rest hours and it says that a driver can reduce its 11h rest to 9h upto THREE TIMES IN TWO CONSECUTIVE WEEKS. This is where I got confused because I always thought that you could reduce it by three times EVERY WEEK. so you can do 3x15 and 2x13 and then after your 24h weekly rest you can do the same again and have 45h rest. Please do forgive because this is what ive been told and I very rarely go over 13h so I don’t have that much knowledge in reduced rests :unamused: :unamused:

You can reduce 3 times between weekly rest periods fella

You can download the real rules here gov.uk/government/uploads/s … europe.pdf

This is the actual wording:

"A driver may reduce his daily rest period to no less than 9 continuous hours, but this can be done no more than three times between any two weekly rest periods; no compensation for the reduction is required.

A daily rest that is less than 11 hours but at least 9 hours long is called a reduced daily rest period."

Trucker8oy:
Hi, I was just reading some rules and regulations on driving and rest hours and it says that a driver can reduce its 11h rest to 9h upto THREE TIMES IN TWO CONSECUTIVE WEEKS.

I’ve no idea what you was reading but it wasn’t the drivers EU regulations, as has been said you can have three reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

I think he just misread it - Three times… two weekly…

So i could do 3x15 2x13 or whatever have my 24h and start all over 3x15 etc and then have 45h off. Is that right? Because i was reading them regs and it says three times within two weeks

Trucker8oy:
So i could do 3x15 2x13 or whatever have my 24h and start all over 3x15 etc and then have 45h off. Is that right?

As long as you comply with the weekly rest requirements, yes that’s right.

You could do this

sat + sun off = regular weekly rest
mon 15 shift
tue 15 shift
wed 15 shift
thu off = reduced weekly rest
fri 15 shift
sat 15 shift
sun 15 shift
mon off = reduced weekly rest
tue 15 shift
wed 15 shift
thu 15 shift
fri 13 shift

tachograph:

Trucker8oy:
So i could do 3x15 2x13 or whatever have my 24h and start all over 3x15 etc and then have 45h off. Is that right?

Thats the answer i was looking for straight and simple. Thank you all for getting back to me :slight_smile: stay safe out there :wink:

Trucker8oy:

tachograph:

Trucker8oy:

Thats the answer i was looking for straight and simple. Thank you all for getting back to me :slight_smile: stay safe out there :wink:

best way to do it is 144 hours ( 24 hours off ) and crack on to Macon for another 5 X 24 hours periods, satisfying rest periods, then compensating your hours owed, by the end of the third week! :grimacing: confused? :laughing: it’s simple honestly! :smiley:

Throw in split daily rests, ( if you’re lucky to get in three hours UNINTERRUPTED ) and have nine hours off = regular 11 hours rest! :wink: you’ve read it wrong that’s all! :smiley:
MAY REDUCE THREE TIMES A WEEK, in between TWO weekly rest periods! :laughing:

Fatboy slimslow:
MAY REDUCE THREE TIMES A WEEK, in between TWO weekly rest periods!

Aint that a contradiction?