A.Barry & Sons Clayton manchester

Hi, Yes my wife is Amanda Barry, she was company secretary - Kevin Barry Snr’s eldest daughter. Sadly, the company folded a few years ago now.

Ian, hi thanks for the reply, that’s such a shame that the company is no more. I seem to remember the sign is there in the corner of the yard near to Ashton new rd?
Would it be cheeky to ask if you have any photographs of the trucks at all that you could post up on here please ?
Would be great to see them again, used to love seeing them as a kid!
Many thanks, harryvr6 (stew).

Hi, I will see if Kevin Barry has any pictures, if he has - I will try and put them on here.

Hi ian, that would be great thanks! Would love to see them, been a long time! All the best, harryvr6.

does anyone remember a small outfit called A.Barry & Sons of clayton in manchester from the 80"s? i remember them having two tone green daf 2800’s and or 3300’s they were well smart, anyone got any pictures at all? also from the same time was ‘droylsden haulage’ they had red volvo’s and a rather nice globetrotter they used to leave overnight at saxon mill and the layby on manor rd, droylsden. thanks all.