A and E Deaths

just listened to a report about AE and 500 deaths a week being reported.It would appear that if… you had an accident at work there will in a lot of cases be no ambulance or hospital treatment hour hours…why in the supposed 6 th largest economy is it so.Going to work should not be a gamble about life or death ,in trucks you are only a mistake from injury and a hospital and ambulance should be there no question about it…

Maybe you didn’t hear they are on strike??
Probably because they earn about 50% of the average truck drivers wages?
It’s time paramedics, nurses etc were paid a decent wage but also respected in our society more.

The nhs is absolutely on its knees , I have never been a great user of the service that it provides as I am lucky enough to be one of them people who is seldom ill , firstly I try to keep fit , also try to eat properly get enough sleep etc etc and also lucky .
What bugs me are the people that abuse Thereselves/bodies then rush off to the doctor to be fixed time & time again also the people who have a sniffle or are feeling a bit down and again off they run to get repaired , think so more self management would help the nhs .
There is also the problem with migrants, every body that reaches these shores is another statistic that needs fixing by our nhs . There is also a loophole I don’t know how it works but a European couple I know who work here and are decent people found a way of getting one of there parents over here stayed with them for a few weeks registered for the nhs went to hospital and got treatment for some sort of cancer recoporated in hospital then within 2 weeks was back home in Europe , never paid a penny into our system but reaped the full rewards , not doubt he is not the only one . The system is so broken the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing & it needs sorting now , it will take a huge overhaul

drover:

You need to stop believing the ■■■■■■■■ the unions and the media are feeding you.

The average nurses wage is approximately £35000 (it was £33,384 in 2021 according to the Royal College of Nursing) which is more than 50% of the average truck drivers wage and they only do a 37.5hr week for that.

My two penny worth on the NHS, some of you may well have seen post from me stating in 19th May 22, I had a heart attack. Luckily I took a couple of days off that week from trunking Cullompton to Birmingham to Palletline hub. I spent 2 months in a hospital bed awaiting tests and a heart bypass. In this time I met many nurses and junior doctors. Most of the experienced nurses were happy with their lot choosing to work 3 X 12 shifts a week with 42 days paid holidays and a pension linked to their wages. Whist I was in the RDE Hospital Exeter several of the nurses would drive from North Devon daily due to better pay for their grade of nurse. When I was transferred to Hammersmith for a heart Bypass operation, one of my male ICU nurses drove in 3 days a week from Barking because it was worth travelling for. I think it speaks for itself in my experience most nurses that I met were happy with their job and pay.

Conor:

drover:

You need to stop believing the [zb] the unions and the media are feeding you.

The average nurses wage is approximately £35000 (it was £33,384 in 2021 according to the Royal College of Nursing) which is more than 50% of the average truck drivers wage and they only do a 37.5hr week for that.

My girl ( staff nurse ) does 4x12 hr shifts pw , nights / long days ( 7pm - 7am , 7am - 7pm ) & is often longer with hand over , will often be sent to queens med , does bank shifts , last one was a early , 7 am - 13.30 , finally got away at 17.00 , not sure where the 37.5 hrs comes from
As for wages , her shifts often include fri ,sat ,sun night , all night on your feet , sister who was a nurse was assaulted twice , daughter was threated with a metal object by a piece of scum ( I worry myself sick about her) she pays £8.50 per shift for parking on days as can’t get a parking permit , lives within a 10 mile radius of hospital , last time I saw her hourly pay she was £8 ph less than me
She doesn’t belong to a union , is not involved in strike , never complains about job , just gets on with it ,
I’m not sure how you can compare there job to ours ,I saw pics of my sisters face , sickening , it finished her , retired at 55 ,
It’s not just about money , every ones having a go at those girls ( and men ) ,then there complaining about the nhs , you reap
What you sow , the older nurses have in a lot of cases walked , had enough , don’t blame them

Conor:

drover:

I know a couple (friends of friends)that do they’re 37.5 then do a couple of days on an agency contracted either to private or the NHS,they ain’t skint :laughing: and fair
Play to em too.

Happy Trucker1:
The nhs is absolutely on its knees , I have never been a great user of the service that it provides as I am lucky enough to be one of them people who is seldom ill , firstly I try to keep fit , also try to eat properly get enough sleep etc etc and also lucky .
What bugs me are the people that abuse Thereselves/bodies then rush off to the doctor to be fixed time & time again also the people who have a sniffle or are feeling a bit down and again off they run to get repaired , think so more self management would help the nhs .
There is also the problem with migrants, every body that reaches these shores is another statistic that needs fixing by our nhs . There is also a loophole I don’t know how it works but a European couple I know who work here and are decent people found a way of getting one of there parents over here stayed with them for a few weeks registered for the nhs went to hospital and got treatment for some sort of cancer recoporated in hospital then within 2 weeks was back home in Europe , never paid a penny into our system but reaped the full rewards , not doubt he is not the only one . The system is so broken the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing & it needs sorting now , it will take a huge overhaul

Also known as health tourists. There are many of them.

somebodys behind all these bad news statistics we keep hearing about on the media. “Worst storm for 20 years” is typical. ive no idea who is behind it but daily they are piling on the pressure.What this is about i dunno but its very sinister . I saw one story over xmas about massive delays at A and E For ambulance crews dropping off patients but it was clearly an image of about 15 ambulances simply parked up in the normal way
last Spring i had cause to be up the hospital for a round of test in several departments and found each was well staffed and nobody was run ragged.The pace was set so that nothing was missed ,no rushing . It ran smoothly like a factory

Conor:

drover:

Right ok so you think they are fairly paid for what they do then?

I couldn’t give a ■■■■ what the media say about it all as i have first hand experience of the abuse the paramedics nurses & doctors get after spending weeks in hospital during the first 2 covid peaks…
They deserve to be paid double what the average trucker does…

fuse:
just listened to a report about AE and 500 deaths a week being reported.It would appear that if… you had an accident at work there will in a lot of cases be no ambulance or hospital treatment hour hours…why in the supposed 6 th largest economy is it so.Going to work should not be a gamble about life or death ,in trucks you are only a mistake from injury and a hospital and ambulance should be there no question about it…

The perfect storm of a health service expected for peanuts compared to Germany’s and possibly the first indications of the results of the COVID anything but vaccines starting to show up.

dozy:

Conor:

drover:

My girl ( staff nurse ) does 4x12 hr shifts pw , nights / long days ( 7pm - 7am , 7am - 7pm ) & is often longer with hand over , will often be sent to queens med , does bank shifts , last one was a early , 7 am - 13.30 , finally got away at 17.00 , not sure where the 37.5 hrs comes from
As for wages , her shifts often include fri ,sat ,sun night , all night on your feet , sister who was a nurse was assaulted twice , daughter was threated with a metal object by a piece of scum ( I worry myself sick about her) she pays £8.50 per shift for parking on days as can’t get a parking permit , lives within a 10 mile radius of hospital , last time I saw her hourly pay she was £8 ph less than me
She doesn’t belong to a union , is not involved in strike , never complains about job , just gets on with it ,
I’m not sure how you can compare there job to ours ,I saw pics of my sisters face , sickening , it finished her , retired at 55 ,
It’s not just about money , every ones having a go at those girls ( and men ) ,then there complaining about the nhs , you reap
What you sow , the older nurses have in a lot of cases walked , had enough , don’t blame them

This is the sad reality… I’m surprised anyone wants to do the job anymore to be honest.
What kind of world do we live in when nurses are charged for parking■■? Really boils my ■■■■ that does, almost as much as the way the general scum in this country think it’s fine to abuse these people that literally wipe their arses for them & put up with the drunken abuse.

Unfortunately doze some people are blinded by the media ■■■■■■■■ that these people just sit around chatting all day on their lovely 37.5hr a week shifts.

‘possibly upto’ 500 deaths a week was the quote from a ‘senior health’ official,AnE and ambulance waiting times are not listed on death certificates,bit like the use of ‘within 28 days of covid’,statistics, possibly made up? Being used to add to the never ending clamour for more money for the NHS, instead of it using the money it has better

It’s all a plan by the tories. You get fed up with long waiting lists so you get private medical insurance to jump the que. Along comes the politicians who will say that the NHS is dead and anyway the majority are now private so let’s do away with the NHS and go the American system of medical insurance…oh and by the way, no we ain’t going to reduce your NI contributions either

Happy Trucker1:

In other words blame every last group of people you possibly can but not the government. The NHS isn’t on its knees because of migrants or people taking the ■■■■, it’s on its knees because of criminally incompetent government. And we’ve been here before, in the 90’s, maybe then and now share a common feature of the crisis……

dozy:

Conor:

drover:

Well wonders will never cease, a good comment from Dozy

msgyorkie:
It’s all a plan by the tories. You get fed up with long waiting lists so you get private medical insurance to jump the que. Along comes the politicians who will say that the NHS is dead and anyway the majority are now private so let’s do away with the NHS and go the American system of medical insurance…oh and by the way, no we ain’t going to reduce your NI contributions either

Yup, it’s either incompetence or this, privatisation by the back door. Probably a combination of both

dozy:

Her contracted standard hours are 37.5hrs a week. Anything above that is overtime. If she is doing those hours it is because she is choosing to, not because she is obliged to. It’s like when you’re whinging about being out 5 nights a week and missing your steak dinner, it’s because YOU are choosing to be, not because you have to. You can check for yourself, nurse pay scales are publicly available information.

msgyorkie:

If that’s the plan then it’s a ■■■■ one given they’re now putting an additional £460m a week into the NHS and rising.

Labour cut 26,000 beds in their time in power. When Labour were in power our local hospital that served a town of 33,000 people which expanded to over 100,000 during summer was asset stripped by the NHS Trust, moving everything to Scarborough. It went from being a hospital with MRI scanners, a surgical suite, a fully capable 24/7 A&E to now literally just being an overflow for Scarborough providing patients somewhere to stay after treatment with the A&E now a Minor Injuries Unit closed outside of office hours.

The last time the NhS budget fell in actual pounds and pence was in the last year of the last Labour government. And before you respond “but as a percentage of GDP” you really don’t want that argument because if you want it as a percentage of GDP then the NHS should be getting less money this year, not the £460m a week extra its had.

As for privatisation, the highest rate happened under the last Labour government.

Then there’s the PFI finance. When Labour “invested” in it’s NHS improvements it did so much of the time using PFI finance, giving yet more money to Gordon Browns mates in the City after he sold the gold off at the market bottom and allowed banks to lend anyone mortgages of 125% with self certified income. Labour saddled the NHS with so much PFI finance that £1 in every £8 the NHS spends is on PFI finance payments, there is still over £50Bn to be repaid, the last payment won’t be made until 2050 and some trusts like Sherwood Forest Trust are spending as much as a sixth of their budget onservicing their PFI loans. Sherwood Forest Trust spend over twice as much on PFI repayments than the Trust’s annual drug bill.

So don’t dare talk about it all being a plan by those evil tories when Labour have proven themselves to be an even worse steward of the NHS.

The biggest problem with the NHS outside of the typical public sector work attitude, well there’s two. The first is the number of melts that are going to A&E who simply don’t need to be there. They sit there for hours to have a plaster over a small cut, a bandage on a sprain or an aspirin given to them which one time we’d have sorted for ourselves. The second is patients having nowhere to go due to the lack of social care which all governments over the last 50 years have been responsible for letting decline to the sorry state it is now. Talking of which dozy, you complain about nurses pay but they’ve nothing to complain about compared to carers. Someone in a care home doing the job of a NHS Healthcare Assistant who does the same role is earning as much as £8,000 a year less than the NHS Healthcare Assistant and without the generous sick pay and pension the NHS has.

Conor:
If that’s the plan then it’s a [zb] one given they’re now putting an additional £460m a week into the NHS and rising.

Never heard the phrase ‘speculate to accumulate’?

As for rest, good work blaming a party that’s been out of power going on 13 years. Maybe if people stopped blaming Labour and blamed the party actually responsible for this shambles something might change. It won’t though as Labour blaming is too easy. Surprised you didn’t lob Corbyn in there for full effect. We all know he can be blamed for most things……tho I don’t think it a plan, the Tories are way too crap to plan anything in reality.