£80000 wheelie bin

Why do some drivers think they are immortal, on Tuesday im coming over the top of j37 on the M6 when it started really hammering down, everything was travelling at no more than 50mph, except batman in his Audi R8. went like a complete knob down outside lane. Anyway, just before Tebay truckstop is the bloody big road liable to flooding sign, just after it is said R8, minus its driverside front wheel, suspension, trailing arms etc, one mashed back end and an equally mashed passenger side and the front end wedged under the central resevation. Beside the car is the pilot looking totally bemused shrugging his shoulders when the car next to me stopped and this bloke popped his head out and said cause you were driving like a complete [zb], thats why`, then promptly drove off.
Truth must have hurt though!

Using asterisks to dodge the auto-censor doesn’t make that word become acceptable. dd.

Absolutely
Useless
Driving
Idiot
:bulb: :question:

Natural Selection working at its very best :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s because when they see programs like Top Gear & 5th Gear etc, & see their R8, Ferraris or what ever hooning round a corner at 140mph on a test track they think you can do that on the road.
They forget that they are watching the car on a test track with masses of run off area, & almost none of the hazards you find on a road .
You add to the fact inside the car you see your surrounded by airbags & these half wits think they are as you say invincible.

I always remember driving down the M6 from Blackpool, when a blizzard hit the mway. The road surface wasnt too bad as the snow wasn’t sticking, but the major problem was the visibility was v poor because of the snow in the air. So everyone drops to 40mph, when what comes steaming down the outside lane but a 911 at about 90mph. :unamused:

You do get HGV drivers who also assume because they in a 44 tonne truck nothing will hurt them. But as a chap I used to work with said “They soon fall apart in a crash”, & from what I’ve seen since they do!.

Secretelephant:
It’s because when they see programs like Top Gear & 5th Gear etc, & see their R8, Ferraris or what ever hooning round a corner at 140mph on a test track they think you can do that on the road.
They forget that they are watching the car on a test track with masses of run off area, & almost none of the hazards you find on a road .
You add to the fact inside the car you see your surrounded by airbags & these half wits think they are as you say invincible.

I always remember driving down the M6 from Blackpool, when a blizzard hit the mway. The road surface wasnt too bad as the snow wasn’t sticking, but the major problem was the visibility was v poor because of the snow in the air. So everyone drops to 40mph, when what comes steaming down the outside lane but a 911 at about 90mph. :unamused:

You do get HGV drivers who also assume because they in a 44 tonne truck nothing will hurt them. But as a chap I used to work with said “They soon fall apart in a crash”, & from what I’ve seen since they do!.

I couldn’t agree more mate, those three on Top Gear are emulated (I think that’s the right word) by most young drivers. I think anyone caught driving like a prat should be made to watch road accident victims brought into their local A&E. Regards, Haddy, Gt. Yarmouth.

Secretelephant:

The only surprising thing is that it does’nt seem to have been going backwards at the time. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haddy:

Secretelephant:

I couldn’t agree more mate, those three on Top Gear are emulated (I think that’s the right word) by most young drivers. I think anyone caught driving like a prat should be made to watch road accident victims brought into their local A&E. Regards, Haddy, Gt. Yarmouth.

Where having driven something like a Veyron across Europe at a lot more than 70 mph they’ll see British idiots who’ve managed to wipe themselves out in a mickey mouse hatchback at less than that speed.

Carryfast:

Secretelephant:

The only surprising thing is that it does’nt seem to have been going backwards at the time. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No, you can only get 80mph backwards in a 911 because of the wind resistance from the rear spoiler. :wink:

Secretelephant:

Carryfast:

Secretelephant:

No, you can only get 80mph backwards in a 911 because of the wind resistance from the rear spoiler. :wink:

That helps but it’s having that zb great motor in the back which makes all the difference. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Secretelephant:

I came across one such clown driving for AK Worthington on the M74 on Thurs early am .

It was monsoon like conditions , im doing 40 mph due to conditions and a 18 tonner overtook me . Out of nowhere came Mr AKW driving down the Fechan doing about 70 mph and nearly into the back of the 18 tonner still crawling by me .

I dont know what sort of stuff AKW haul , but is it that important that they need to endanger the lives of 2 innocent drivers ?

I got alongside the AKW clown and invited him to join me for a coversation at the Lockerbie Jct , but he declined .

Secretelephant:

Indeed.
Saw the very same one night/early morn just before last Christmas, that cold spell when there was no tarmac between Carlisle & Warrington, just ice.
Artic whizzes past me (I’m tip-toeing at 40mph - in an empty 18t) past Penrith. I stop to refuel at J38. Said vee-hickle whizzes past again within 5 minutes of me rejoining the ice-rink (presume he’d stopped off at Tebay). 10 mile down the road and I see he’s rammed another artic up the jacksy.
Robert Burns? Heard he was crushed in his cab.

I’ve noticed over the years that these complete prats, who probably have “i am the stig” pj’s usually manage to run out of tarmac & talent at the same point in time, now i don’t mind them killing themselves, but it is the fact that they usually involve other road users that gets up my nose! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: