£600 fine for one of our drivers today

One of our drivers was fined £600 in France today for being unable to produce a tacho card for a Sunday when he was in the UK, at home, and had finished work on Saturday morning and was off until Monday.

You now need continuous tachograph records or a letter from your employer detailing any weekend days on which you did not drive if you have a non-digital tacho.

Just another way to earn funding for the joyeaux noel party.
But,

What will VOSA come up with if the ON THE SPOT fines ever get introduced■■?

Harry Monk:
One of our drivers was fined £600 in France today for being unable to produce a tacho card for a Sunday when he was in the UK, at home, and had finished work on Saturday morning and was off until Monday.

You now need continuous tachograph records or a letter from your employer detailing any weekend days on which you did not drive if you have a non-digital tacho.

My motor sits at where I live when I am off, Harry … and I often finish Friday night til Sunday morning and I have no card in. As long as the vehicle hasn’t moved then you don’t need to put one in. I suspect your pals vehicle had a visible movement. In other words, the card from Saturday did not match up with the card from Monday … in which case, he is asking for trouble.

i was always under the impression that you dont need to show yourtime off.
i realise the language barrier and know how the gendarmerie operate.
is the driver suppose to put a disc in and leave it until hes back,in which case it may have run over the 24 hr period.
i you show that to vosa,they will prosecute you.
i am all for europe,but,
they have different rules in every country.
whats the driver supposed to do.
other workers leave the factory on fri night and go back on mon.
whats the difference?
he should have refused to pay.
this was spoke about here earlier in the year.
coffee would have answers if he were here.
there is an onus on the police to prove you are in breach of the rules.
not having a disc to show your time off seems to be an invasion of an individuals privacy.
i dont have the answers.but he definitely should have argued his case.

The attestation :confused: form in the sticky above won’t fit on a4 when cut & pasted

any ideas?

eurodad:
The attestation :confused: form in the sticky above won’t fit on a4 when cut & pasted

any ideas?

It is also useless if it isnt on signed company letterhead or stamped with an official stamp and signed

If my motor moved when i was off, i allways got photo copies or letter stating the fact. and allways left (analogue) card in to show breaks.

Just a thought in those sort of circumstances > are the french now expecting a driver to carry tachos for someone else now ?

If the truck had been moved in the yard, at base, or from base, then why would the regular driver have the tacho on him from someone else showing their work ?

Seems the French are making up rules ?

DAFMAD:
…Seems the French are making up rules ?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No Way!!! They wouldnt do that!! Never!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

DAFMAD:
Just a thought in those sort of circumstances > are the french now expecting a driver to carry tachos for someone else now ?

If the truck had been moved in the yard, at base, or from base, then why would the regular driver have the tacho on him from someone else showing their work ?

For international journeys blank charts for days on which a driver does not drive are recommended but if travelling through France or Belgium a letter of attestation from the employer (preferably in French) covering the period or periods for which charts are not available should be carried.

Good Day,
We hade a similiar problem with a sub-Contractor a couple of months ago and of course he did not carry large sums of cash which they insisted upon and would not accept various cards. A frind of mine in the business gave me the following companies detials who paid the fine for us and I transferred the money to them.
www.cashadvancedebonnet.com

Rue de la Patrouille 2
B-7760 Celles-lez-tournai
Belgium.

They have agents all over… Helped us out big style.

Wheel Nut:

DAFMAD:

For international journeys blank charts for days on which a driver does not drive are recommended but if travelling through France or Belgium a letter of attestation from the employer (preferably in French) covering the period or periods for which charts are not available should be carried.

Very good Malc.

So its just France and Belgium that make up this stuff then ?

Where’s the quote from ? Is it in any driver rules and regulations ?

I can understand it if the blokes been on Holiday and know you need a letter for that. But, when you’re at your base gone home, weekend off or whatever, and have no control over what the vehicle gets up to ?

Another one people might be caught out on ,as from 1 July this year it is law that your truck/car must have reflective waistcoats for vehicle and passengers and it is now compulsory to carry a triangle in case of accident/breakdown. The Gendarmerie were doing controls yesterday checking if cars had these and were handing out 90 eur fines to those who had not.

this goes for all eu countrys,the form has to be
printed from the PC and have the signature of
either the owner or the TM on it we have one issued every time we are parked on the yard and take a weekend break, IT is only for when you are on the yard
and not when out on the road and have a weekend off

DAFMAD:

Wheel Nut:

DAFMAD:

Very good Malc.

So its just France and Belgium that make up this stuff then ?

Where’s the quote from ? Is it in any driver rules and regulations ?

I can understand it if the blokes been on Holiday and know you need a letter for that. But, when you’re at your base gone home, weekend off or whatever, and have no control over what the vehicle gets up to ?

That was a quote clipped from a MMTM post on another internet forum, although it may contain some good advice, the advice is not exactly true.

WATCH THIS SPACE :wink:

Harry Monk:

Harry, here is the link to the information your driver should have had :stuck_out_tongue:

ec.europa.eu/transport/road/poli … e_5_en.pdf

And this is the important text taken from it.

The attestation may be used only when a driver has:

• been on sick leave
  • been on leave, which forms part of the annual leave according to the legislation of the Member State where the undertaking is established
  • driven another vehicle exempted from the scope of Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 or AETR

After clicking on the first link, you then click on the link half way down the page, which brings you to here;
ec.europa.eu/transport/road/poli … orm_en.htm

Then near the bottom of that page you can click on the country of registration. (en) in this case. It will let you choose between Word or PDF files.

Note, the information has to be typed and be aware that you can only use one of boxes, 13, 14, or 15

Your colleague needs to take your advice, speak nicely, speak French and refuse to pay this fine. :wink:

:smiley: Well done to you Malc, very good info. Great to see the facts in print. :wink:

I notice Here that France isn’t even mentioned. :open_mouth: :confused:

DAFMAD:
:smiley: Well done to you Malc, very good info. Great to see the facts in print. :wink:

I notice Here that France isn’t even mentioned. :open_mouth: :confused:

Yes. I noticed that, not sure whether that is important, or just a guide.

The problem is it is easy to just pay a fine and moan about it. NH will be here soon with the whole document and interpretation :wink:

I should have added that whenever I had to take a weekly rest abroad, I did always put a card in … even if it was for more than 24 hours. I have had a Gendarme look at one of these said cards and he picked up that the total time the card had been in was 32 hours. He was pleased to see I had had a 32 hour break and never commented on the fact that the card had been in more than 24 hours.
I am sure it all depends on the level of intelligence of the Gendarme that pulls you that determines whether you get fined or not (of course, that is reliant on the driver being legal and not trying to pull a fast one)

TheBear:
I should have added that whenever I had to take a weekly rest abroad, I did always put a card in … even if it was for more than 24 hours. I have had a Gendarme look at one of these said cards and he picked up that the total time the card had been in was 32 hours. He was pleased to see I had had a 32 hour break and never commented on the fact that the card had been in more than 24 hours.
I am sure it all depends on the level of intelligence of the Gendarme that pulls you that determines whether you get fined or not (of course, that is reliant on the driver being legal and not trying to pull a fast one)

This is about the size of it… And the co-operation of the driver too goes a long way as well…