£60 fine...parking for dinner on an ind est

£60 charge for parking on an industrial est for dinner,

Hi guys I am hoping somebody can give me some advise…my boss called me in tonight to show me a parking fine that has come in for my truck with a £60 bill,

I parked for my 30 min break on Monday dinnertime last week,

It was on the Estuary Banks trading est in Speke Liverpool…lot of truckers park there during the day…all the roads covered are private but with full public access,

Anyway…they do have lots of sign up spelling it out but lots ignore them…it was the first time I parked there,

it is a private est but the roads do connect other public ind estates in the area,

Any tips for me to get out of paying…my boss has not said I will need to pay but I suppose I will.

Nick from Cheshire.

IMO - Boss needs to grow a set of balls and ignore it as it is not a council or police parking charge

nickjaxe:
£60 charge for parking on an industrial est for dinner,

Hi guys I am hoping somebody can give me some advise…my boss called me in tonight to show me a parking fine that has come in for my truck with a £60 bill,

I parked for my 30 min break on Monday dinnertime last week,

It was on the Estuary Banks trading est in Speke Liverpool…lot of truckers park there during the day…all the roads covered are private but with full public access,

Anyway…they do have lots of sign up spelling it out but lots ignore them…it was the first time I parked there,

it is a private est but the roads do connect other public ind estates in the area,

Any tips for me to get out of paying…my boss has not said I will need to pay but I suppose I will.

Nick from Cheshire.

Nick here’s what i would do, i’m not sure of the exact legal stance, but anyway this is what i would do if it was me. I would tell the boss to give them my name and address and tell them he is only the registered keeper and has no knowledge of this. Them they can contact you and it should take the heat of your boss who it has nothing to do with. Then any letter i got from them i would put in the bin.
Don’t take that as correct advice, thats just what i would do !!!

Oh, worst comes to the worst you’ll have to pay, which you’ve already resigned yourself to do anyway?

Non council or police parking fines are just free toilet paper fella. They’re not enforceable and have no right to contact you much less a right to demand money.

Throw the letter away and tell your boss to cowboy up and stop moaning

It is crap. I used to deliver chocolate into Classic Couverture and even if I arrived at night they wouldn’t let me park outside the factory. I ended up across the road on the Ford access Road, no problems then and close enough for Pizza Express. The problem is nowadays, you wouldn’t have any fuel or your wheels left in the morning.

Trading Estates and Business Parks should be forced to supply free parking for delivering drivers when they get the planning permission granted

Mike c is right

They can’t do anything. Put it in the bin, ignore it and forget it. They have been known to send really threatening letters with big red writing on them…bin them

They will threaten you with court…let them and bin it.

They will go away eventually

ignore them. Non enforceable. I got one from a MWS area parking ‘enforcement’ company, some years ago. Went up to hundreds of pounds, and threats of court and bailiff action. Still waiting for the heavies to show up…

Only Police and official council PCN are enforceable. Any private company will have to pursue through court, and because of the cost, and likelihood to be told to f off, they won’t.

sleep easy

what company is the bog paper from ?

Tell them your emigtrating to australia .i did and give them an address off the net! :laughing:

I used that for my orange phone bill ,try it out.