£60 charge for parking on an industrial est for dinner

Hi guys I am hoping somebody can give me some advise…my boss called me in tonight to show me a parking fine that has come in for my truck with a £60 bill,

I parked for my 30 min break on Monday dinnertime last week,

It was on the Estuary Banks trading est in Speke Liverpool…lot of truckers park there during the day…all the roads covered are private with full public access,

Anyway…they do have lots of sign up spelling it out but lots ignore them…it was the first time I parked there,

it is a private est but the roads do connect other public ind estates,

Any tips for me to get out of paying…my boss has not said I will need to pay but I suppose I will.

Nick from Cheshire.

I had one come up to me other week it’s a joke we used to park overnight on there in force due to having a big contract on the estate but now all the signs have gone up…
I have heard lads say just ignore the ticket as they are not worth the paper they are written on

was it a proper fine or a parking charge ?

No sure how its classed…they contact the DVLA for the owners address…they posted the charge to my company…I think it must have been a charge.

nickjaxe:
No sure how its classed…they contact the DVLA for the owners address…they posted the charge to my company…I think it must have been a charge.

If it’s a charge then its just an invoice! Just ignore it !