A 57 snake pass shutting from 22nd

As title says from 22nd snake pass will be shut to all traffic for 5 days .
Maybe quicker and easier to go up and over the m62.

M62 is shut from Junction 24-22 with a 45 minute detour through Halifax and sowerby bridge 8pm til 6am from tonight until July. The woodhead is going to be extremely busy then.

Good planning as ever by highways England then.

edd1974:
Good planning as ever by highways England then.

It’s as if…

Highways England goes out of it’s way to make things harder.

Why would they do that I wonder? :question:

45 minute detour through Halifax and Sowerby Bridge…like their optimism. Isn’t there an arched stone bridge in Sowerby Bridge that deckers can’t get under?

Conor:
45 minute detour through Halifax and Sowerby Bridge…like their optimism. Isn’t there an arched stone bridge in Sowerby Bridge that deckers can’t get under?

On a 58 as goes over the river marked at 16 3 no idea how high a double decker is but can imagine some body will try and get under it

Only way I can see is off at Rochdale go via todmorden and hebden bridge.
Not sure what bridges are along that way. Just glad don’t work night’s

We take multiple deckers a day under there - as long as you’re between the wickets (you can just about see the tips as you go under) you’re fine.

edd1974:

Conor:

On a 58 as goes over the river marked at 16 3 no idea how high a double decker is but can imagine some body will try and get under it

Only way I can see is off at Rochdale go via todmorden and hebden bridge.
Not sure what bridges are along that way. Just glad don’t work night’s

The highest Decker’s I’ve pulled have been 16’2 so should just fit if you drive through the middle of the arch. Can see major problems though. Looking at my run listsfor the next few days the planners haven’t taken this detour into consideration . Going to be lots of late amazon deliveries to depots

arronls:
We take multiple deckers a day under there - as long as you’re between the wickets (you can just about see the tips as you go under) you’re fine.

This doesn’t…

Take into account the plum puddings that will inevitably whack it anyway by failing to drive along the little lines painted on the road that illustrate the safe and easy passage.

Rest assured though, DCPC is out there and doing it’s fine upstanding work.

Just make it easier on yourselves and go into Huddersfield and over the tops on the A62,everyone goes the diversion route and it’ll be gridlocked.

What’s wrong with using the A640 for the 62 closure?
Are there any restrictions? Not showing any in my truckers atlas lol.
Imagine Woodhead will be busy yes, I’m surprised how busy it is at night sometimes, lots of freight seems to use it as an alternative myself included.

md1987:
Imagine Woodhead will be busy yes, I’m surprised how busy it is at night sometimes, lots of freight seems to use it as an alternative myself included.

It will be closed at jct24 so no coming off at 23 for A640. Only alternative is through Huddersfield which will probably take as long. Edit- there does look to be a quick easy way from 24 to 23. Will try it

TonyRochdale:

md1987:

It will be closed at jct24 so no coming off at 23 for A640. Only alternative is through Huddersfield which will probably take as long. Edit- there does look to be a quick easy way from 24 to 23. Will try it

It runs parallel with m62 and crosses at jct 23 though Outlane then crosses again,if it’s busy it’s a pain because some of the tighter bends.
If you go over A62 past Marsden and look over to the right you’ll see all the brake lights in the standing traffic.
A62 is the best route,I used it often when I did nights going over to Manchester and back,the traffic on the diversions is usually horrendous and others try going the A640 but no one seems to bother with A62 which is baffling…

Thanks for the heads up. I’m not going that way tonight as staying North West area but tommorow I will be heading for there from Gateshead. Got stuck last week behind an evri truck doing 20 mph at most through the diversion between 25 and 26 . It soon backed up because of hesitation from one truck .

TonyRochdale:
Got stuck last week behind an evri truck doing 20 mph at most through the diversion between 25 and 26 . It soon backed up because of hesitation from one truck .

I live in a rural county, my route to work is down a single carriage A road which is the main tourist route from the M62 to Bridlington and Scarborough so tourists and tractors crawling along. They’re not the problem, the problem is all the people who won’t overtake them. I’m regularly overtaking 5, 10 or more cars in a single overtake on that road.

Isn’t Snake Pass weight limited now anyway?

rob22888:

Yes hence why it’s being closed.
Went over it on my motorbike other day . Near ladybower there’s only 1 lane left . The lane on the edge has completley collapsed and road around it didn’t look to good…
Personally think there being optormistic saying will be done in 5 days but we will see

edd1974:

rob22888:

Yes hence why it’s being closed.
Went over it on my motorbike other day . Near ladybower there’s only 1 lane left . The lane on the edge has completley collapsed and road around it didn’t look to good…
Personally think there being optormistic saying will be done in 5 days but we will see

They’re not fixing the main slip in this closure, its for some resurfacing somewhere along there. If it takes as long as the closure at Lea was, it’ll take Derbyshire council at least 3 more years to fix the main slippage

Came the A640 last night coming back from Doncaster. Put about 15 mins on journey time so no hardship there but as Yorkielad said some of it is twisty and in the fog/mist last night was a bit of a pain. Going to try A62 next time. There were 3 artics following me at 2.30am so again as already said I’d imagine during the early evening it’d be as busy as the diversion route!