a 38m tunnels

just to remind anyone who is coming to Birmingham the tunnels are closed for 6 weeks,so might cause extra congestion at certain times of the day or weeks

Gonna be a pain for sure

I don’t think there’s any “might cause some congestion” about it - It’s pretty much guaranteed that there will be major congestion all around the City Centre roads, especially at peak morning and afternoon times.

I’ve been running into new street station every other day for the past 2 months. It is going the be a complete PITA. Those tunnels are slow at the best of times :frowning:

What they doing anyway? Mind you better than them collapsing isn’t it.

The Birmingham A38 tunnels are closing for general refurbishment.

BrumTunnels.co.uk

Birmingham A38 Tunnels Refurbishment

I love that, “cycling” all being valid alternatives to driving. Not if you live 20 mile away it ain’t! Code for get on yer bike fatties…

I used to have to do Brum every day from the Expressway A38M to the centre and the South, this is going to cause chaos, surely to god they could have worked on this at night from say 8pm until 6am and leave at least one lane open each way.
I saw a news article where some ■■■ said that buses would not be caught in the congestion, I think he was visiting from another planet, as for taking a bike into brum … well if you like your bike then don’t, I have seen courier riders taking their bikes in a lift to the offices to do a delivery, I intend to keep well away.

Unless you have to go to the city. Use the ring road. You don’t need to touch anywhere near the tunnels. :unamused: