‚¬24 for peace of mind

Bought this from the routier at roye last week better than ratchet straps they had them for daf stralis actros man premium and magnum dint see scan or vol but might of over looked them value for money i think

nedbro:
dint see scan

for a scania, just take the the bars out that enable the door to be opened with a key, 5 minutes tops

just thread the seatbelt through the door handle. clunk click every trip.

What you gonna do if the motor catches fire? 5 mins to put the bars back in & you are toast…

Well, I suppose you could do a combat roll out the window but good luck with that at 2 in the morning.

Piece of mind when you forget that lump of threaded rod sticking out…

Seany:

I was just thinking that as well. Strong gust of wind against the door as you’re about to climb in the truck and you’re toast. :open_mouth:

Rob K:

Seany:

I was just thinking that as well. Strong gust of wind against the door as you’re about to climb in the truck and you’re toast. :open_mouth:

Even better if you had shorts on :open_mouth: personally myself i do what Phil says and thread seatbelt through door handle and clip it in then the door will only open a few inches.

Iv tried the seat belt jobbie on dafs and mercs and they dont reach!!

chester1:

Ive tried the volvo and they are the same.

chester1:

I don’t know what Mercedes you’ve tried it on but on an Actros they definitely do because I used to do it on mine.
Just tilt the seat forward and they reach fine.

Rob K:

Seany:

I leave mine on all the time, I don’t generally get in the lorry by climbing up the wheel, I use the steps so even when the wind catches the door the catch doesn’t kill me

Silver_Surfer:
What you gonna do if the motor catches fire? 5 mins to put the bars back in & you are toast…

See what u mean but only takes 30 secs to undo wing nut the bar stays in place all the time its only the hook bit and wing nut u put on and off

Had it over a week not been killed yet and not had a truck on fire in 22yrs drivin.I’ll leave it on till any of afore mentioned happen

I’ll just stick to sleeping in my own bed every night.

I bought a set of those in France earlier in the year. They really do only take seconds to unlock from the inside.
Well worth the money for peace of mind while sleeping

Isn’t this a little paranoid? I’ve been sleeping in Europe a good few years now. I have only ever felt unsafe once And that was my fault for parking somewhere way too remote.

Best thing ive bought, takes no time to spin the wingnut off, if you need to get out sharpish.

chester1:

you have too take the back of the seat forward a bit for it too work in a daf

Someone does a short strap with a camlock, same principal. You bolt the bit of webbing strap behind the door catch, like this thing. The camlock goes on your climbing bars. Feed the strap through the camlock to secure your door at night. Squeeze the camlock to open your door. No threaded bar to rip your t-shirt when trying to squeeze into your cab, when trucks are jammed in tight on overnight crossings.