£180 parking fine on Ransomes Europark, your thoughts please

One of my collegues, in the course of his work arrived at the customers site as above. Finding two trucks on there in his way, he parked outside, waiting 3-5 minutes maximum, while he gained entry. During that time, a security van passed and on Friday the £180 parking fine found it’s way to our depot by post. The manager told my mate he had to pay. As you may imagine, none of us drivers is terribly happy with that situation, so I thought I’d seek opinions and advice on here, and also warn other guys about the place.

Are there warning signs about the fines?
(They are invoices issued by private companies and aren’t worth the paper they are written on)
Is he in a union, some pay fines for you and they may have free legal advice.

File under B FOR BIN…

Tell the company to name the driver, discharging their responsibilities for the invoice then the driver can head over to pepipoo

Just take the ticket off the boss and say “No problem, I’ll deal with it”.
Then write to the company that issued the ticket, Explain the situation and finish the letter with “Without prejudice” and his signature.

Without Prejudice Definition:
A reservation made on a statement suggesting that it cannot be used against the publishing party in future dealings or litigation.

Was the fine issued by

a) A Policeman
b) A court, or
c) the council?

If not then file it. Of course if your mate wants to pay the money requested in this begging letter then that’s up to him.

DaiDap:
If not then file it. Of course if your mate wants to pay the money requested in this begging letter then that’s up to him.

Did the law not change last October?

Do not pay the invoice.Or enter in to communucation by any means with them.
They will send threat letters with the like court action and affecting credit rating which is made to cause fear to pay up fast.Ignore it all and bin it.

speedyguy:

DaiDap:

Did the law not change last October?

Doesn’t look like it, Martin Lewis’s advice on the subject was updated Feb 2013

moneysavingexpert.com/reclai … ng-tickets

If he pays that fine, the lord will burn an effigy of him & rescind his membership of the male species.

Unless it specifically states in his contract that he is liable for parking fines etc then the company has to pay it.

■■■■■■■■ to paying that.

Ransome Park…the clue’s in the name.

Send them a cheque for £1 in full and final settlement.

Hold a drivers meeting, elect a drivers rep to talk to the boss and explain the situation. If the boss doesn’t agree to pay/fight the fine, then the drivers will work to rule. And that’s just for starters!

There was a piece in my local paper about hamblion transport in colchester being clobbered with loads if tickets for the same place. Personally i would just ignore it

Charge it to the customer :smiling_imp:

Thereal-john:
Hold a drivers meeting, elect a drivers rep to talk to the boss and explain the situation. If the boss doesn’t agree to pay/fight the fine, then the drivers will work to rule. And that’s just for starters!

Drivers sticking together? Your havin a laugh ain’t ya!
Just to add this company also operates on the BP site/lorry park, and they are indirectly operating on behalf of the land owner, which is trinity college, Cambridge.

Just another attempt for Euroland to rip us off. Perhaps we should charge all foreign drivers £100 on port of entry when coming over here, taking all our around britain freight-forwarding jobs. :smiling_imp:

who is the actual company that sent the invoice ?

Ignore it,it WILL go away…eventually!

David :wink: