90% vote for strike

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … r-10783369

good non of them in my way to work now sat at 30mph in rush hour. :smiley:

but fair play to them a 90% vote from 83% turnout is a decent effort

They’ve got good leverage, not as if you can phone up the agency for a replacement. Big game of poker now. But I think the drivers hold all the best cards.

90% vote on an 83% turnout is higher than the Junior Doctors strike ballot. In that it was 98% vote on a 75% turnout and only half of junior doctors are even in the BMA.

Good on them.

It’s about time LGV driver’s grew a spine and stuck it to the man.

That unite seem to be pretty good at getting issues sorted if the members are willing to stick together, yes they will let you join, any will and help you in certain ways, but non seem interested in backing road haulage for better wages and conditions because they know its a lost cause, well exceptin certain sectors who they can rely on taking direct action, fuel tanker drivers for 1.

eagerbeaver:
Good on them.

It’s about time LGV driver’s grew a spine and stuck it to the man.

So while we are all out on strike, who will help your boss get better rates or a fuel rebate to cover his extra costs, hardly any of them are making a fortune from trucks.

Unions are not required though mate. A nice strong backbone is all that is needed.

There is a thread on here about a load of wagon drivers falsifying tacho records, for some bellend in Telford.

Spineless prick’s all deliberately drove illegal through ’ fear ’ of losing their job.

merc0447:
They’ve got good leverage, not as if you can phone up the agency for a replacement. Big game of poker now. But I think the drivers hold all the best cards.

I didn’t know you could get an agency crane in at the drop of a hat?

Don’t the original crane drivers picket their own kit - to stop third parties using it? :confused:

eagerbeaver:
Unions are not required though mate. A nice strong backbone is all that is needed.

There is a thread on here about a load of wagon drivers falsifying tacho records, for some bellend in Telford.

Spineless prick’s all deliberately drove illegal through ’ fear ’ of losing their job.

I could be wrong, but I think you’ll find that there are certain protections offered to employee’s taking industrial action through a Trade Union, provided that the correct procedures to do with ballots and notifications are carried out. Protection’s include, no loss of service, no loss on pension rights, no threat to employment as a result of action, and other stuff :smiley:

These rights aren’t available to individuals taking “wild cat action”, which by its nature wont have followed industrial action laws. I’m prepared to be corrected on this :wink:

If all the drivers who profess to wanting others to grow a backbone, simply joined a Trades Union, and then pushed for industrial action, then We’d all benefit, or fail together :wink:

As for Drivers using the old “I was in fear of losing My job” excuse for law breaking, its as old as the hills, and is just a cheap shot at mitigation suggested by their council. Its unlikely that the Courts take a lot off notice. The TC certainly wont :unamused:

Good post Eddie, I agree with a lot of what you say.

When the company in question post’s a £14 million profit, I think they are taking the ■■■■.

Driver’s HAVE to start standing up for themselves and each other in my view.

eagerbeaver:
Good post Eddie, I agree with a lot of what you say.

When the company in question post’s a £14 million profit, I think they are taking the ■■■■.

Driver’s HAVE to start standing up for themselves and each other in my view.

:smiley:

I have mentioned this before, but I’ll restate it. I used to do shop stewarding at a Haulage company I worked, had about 25 drivers, they wouldn’t stick together, that was more than 12 years ago, as I left at the end of 2003 :unamused:

Got very disalushoned with it all :frowning:

The old ’ horse, water but no drink, scenario '.

eddie snax:
If all the drivers who profess to wanting others to grow a backbone, simply joined a Trades Union, and then pushed for industrial action, then We’d all benefit, or fail together :wink:

There seem to be a fair number of posters on here ready to slag off unions and also any workers who take, or threaten, industrial action, especially if they are already in the higher paid sections of haulage or train drivers and then complain about crap pay and conditions in the general haulage industry.
They seem unable to work out that the drivers and other trades who seem to do well in pay and conditions are the ones who not only have unions, but understand that a union only has the float to improve things if the workforce stand together, hence the term union.

eddie snax:
As for Drivers using the old “I was in fear of losing My job” excuse for law breaking, its as old as the hills, and is just a cheap shot at mitigation suggested by their council. Its unlikely that the Courts take a lot off notice. The TC certainly wont :unamused:

The TC made it quite clear recently that they won’t accept the boss made me run bent as an excuse.

muckles:

eddie snax:

There seem to be a fair number of posters on here ready to slag off unions and also any workers who take, or threaten, industrial action, especially if they are already in the higher paid sections of haulage or train drivers and then complain about crap pay and conditions in the general haulage industry.
They seem unable to work out that the drivers and other trades who seem to do well in pay and conditions are the ones who not only have unions, but understand that a union only has the float to improve things if the workforce stand together, hence the term union.

eddie snax:

The TC made it quite clear recently that they won’t accept the boss made me run bent as an excuse.

+1

The voices of reason and common sense chime in again from Norfolk.

Good ainscough are the stobart of the crane world bloody over dramatic and crap

chester1:
Good ainscough are the stobart of the crane world bloody over dramatic and crap

I see the similarity.