9 Years for stealing the goods, nowt for killing the driver

Is this enough?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7821

Seems to me that the scum would/should have got 9 years for pinching the load! he will be out in 4.5 years! shame the drivers family will not be free from there life sentance!

Scum

It says the driver was standing in front of the vehicle, sorry to appear unsupportive but WHY? was he stood in front of it , if it was me i would have been well away from it and just let them get on with it.

The job is just not worth this happening to you is it?.

got to feel for the blokes family but never leave the keys in the ignition even for a minute.

It doesn’t say in the article he left his keys in the ignition.

What a sad story…regardless of what the driver was doing or where he was standing he did not deserve to die…i would have let him take it and got on the phone straight away…throw a brick through the windscreen…but to be killed for trying to save your bosses truck is needless…but at the same time 9 years…is that all…maybe the judge put some of the blame on the driver…and of course he will be out in 5 years…to do it again…that is/was manslaughter…and i have always said that if you take someones life…then you should pay with yours…and if we dont have a death penalty then a life sentence behind bars should be the equivalent…
have a nice day