9 points + 3 =?

Did the friend have 9 points at the time of the offence. That’s probably where they got confused.

Now a case of getting legal help to take matter to crown court to appeal against the penalty, assuming the friend accepts speeding.

Acorn:
Did the friend have 9 points at the time of the offence. That’s probably where they got confused.

Now a case of getting legal help to take matter to crown court to appeal against the penalty, assuming the friend accepts speeding.

I once got pulled for speeding whilst on 9 points and told the police of them. Advice was plead not guilty and get taken to court as that’ll give time for 3 points to come off. It worked.

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

Socketset:
A friend (yes, a real one, not me) has just been banned for 6 months for speeding.

He had apparently 9 points but was convinced one of the three had dropped off so to speak so when he got nicked again he thought he’d be ok…

But he wasn’t, still had the 9 and now he is out of work, can’t drive his car, really not in a good place.

He says he definitely only had 6 points when he went before the beak but has trouble proving it.

I’ve been asked to find him a suit to launch an appeal.

I may well be able to find him a legal rep but in my opinion I think it’s a waste of time.

Question to the forum is has anybody managed to retro a court decision on matters such as this.

I think he should have got lawyered up before his court case but I can understand his situation.

Maybe they should have offered him a speed awareness course instead of one of the convictions.

And no, he’s not moron behind the wheel - he’s in his late fifties, I’ve known him for about 25 years and have worked with him - happy to get in his cab.

But he has been a silly boy - and he knows it.

This guy finds loopholes for a lot of celebs, footballers etc nickfreemansolicitors.co.uk/

Maybe he could spend his down time having his foot looked at as it appears to be a bit heavy…

End day we all know of people or read stories of people who have 12 or more points and. Still driving legally.
As they plead they will lose there job need car for. Work. Etc.
Way I see it 12 points and get banned like you used to.
Get stopped drivingw while banned take there car away no questions asked.
Non of this will loose my job house etc
Then standred of driving might improve.
People only drive like idiots n speed because they know it’s very rare there get banned just a fine and a telling off

I’d personally find it difficult to function if I was on 9 points knowing that I was only one stupid decision away from unemployment. I once spent 3 months on 6 points (both offences were for exceeding the 40mph limit before the law changed) and it certainly focused my mind. Since the law for S/C roads changed I’ve had a clean license. I’m like a recovering addict :smiley:

Negan:
Maybe he could spend his down time having his foot looked at as it appears to be a bit heavy…

I’d call most 40 mph motorway limits and many laughable 30 and 40 limits arbitrarily put on previous NSL limited roads and numerous A classified roads subject to 30 now changed to 20 over night , more than a bit light.

Carryfast:

Negan:

I’d call most 40 mph motorway limits and many laughable 30 and 40 limits arbitrarily put on previous NSL limited roads and numerous A classified roads subject to 30 now changed to 20 over night , more than a bit light.

What, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, the ■■■■ are you talking about?

Far easier to be professional and stick to the limit. When you work out how little time you save is it really worth it?

Negan:

Carryfast:

Negan:

What, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, the [zb] are you talking about?

Its the speed limits that are being seriously lightened for political reasons not lead footed drivers.

Thanks everyone for your replies - my mate is doing an appeal to the courts this week.

I was hoping that he could keep on driving whilst doing the appeal but it would appear not.

I will post again the result of his application.

dozy:
99% of lorry drivers have points on there lisense , just part of the job

What a ■■■■■■■…

Whopper.

Source?

Tell him to get in at one of the big box stores theyre All taking on Xmas staff now-if nothing else he will be busy not sitting stewing.Mate of mine did that and now is helping set up new stores in France

corij:
Tell him to get in at one of the big box stores theyre All taking on Xmas staff now-if nothing else he will be busy not sitting stewing.Mate of mine did that and now is helping set up new stores in France

What…

are you on about?

This can go either way. Remember when you go to court you are a proffessional driver. Should know all the rules. Speed limits are not a target. Keep below the limit.

dozy:
99% of lorry drivers have points on there lisense , just part of the job

Wow, I’ve never been in the top 1% of anything before. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember reading an article about a woman who had something like 50-60 points but wasn’t banned. The mind boggles.

1. You’re welcome.

Socketset:
A friend (yes, a real one, not me) has just been banned for 6 months for speeding.

He had apparently 9 points but was convinced one of the three had dropped off so to speak so when he got nicked again he thought he’d be ok…

But he wasn’t, still had the 9 and now he is out of work, can’t drive his car, really not in a good place.

He says he definitely only had 6 points when he went before the beak but has trouble proving it.

I may well be able to find him a legal rep but in my opinion I think it’s a waste of time.

Question to the forum is has anybody managed to retro a court decision on matters such as this.

I think he should have got lawyered up before his court case but I can understand his situation.

Maybe they should have offered him a speed awareness course instead of one of the convictions.

And no, he’s not moron behind the wheel - he’s in his late fifties, I’ve known him for about 25 years and have worked with him - happy to get in his cab.

It’s not one of those cases where the 3 year/4 year confusion has occured re points expiring? Never really understood the stay on your license for 3 years but 4 before you can get them removed.

ATJT:

Socketset:

It’s not one of those cases where the 3 year/4 year confusion has occured re points expiring? Never really understood the stay on your license for 3 years but 4 before you can get them removed.

Most likely the case. They stay on your licence for 4 years even though they expire after 3 years. The bottom line is they stay on your licence for 4 years so if you get more even though expired they still remain on your licence.

Tbh I’ve never understood why they are just not valid or not valid for 3 or 4 years one or the other. It’s one of those ridiculous things tbh. They may as well expire after 4 years as they have to say on your licence that long. Then of course there are insurance companies that work on 5 years, so even though they are expired and removed from your licence they still load your premium for them for another further year.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk