9 hrs daily rest

If I’m taking a 9 hour daily rest can I take my digi card out and someone else drive the truck while I go home till start of next shift?

Carlfrith1978:
If I’m taking a 9 hour daily rest can I take my digi card out and someone else drive the truck while I go home till start of next shift?

YES

What made you think you could not do that?

If the truck is not at base then you must start the next shift at the same place you ended the last one

Carlfrith1978:

You can take your card out at the end of any shift regardless of whether or not you’re having a regular or a reduced daily rest period, also someone else can drive the same vehicle after you’ve taken your card out regardless of the length of daily rest you’re having.

ROG:
What made you think you could not do that?

ROG,

This looks like a very straightforward question:

Carlfrith1978:

Can you see where there’s any suggestion that a driver can’t take a digi-card out at the end of a shift ?

Straightforward question.
Straightforward answer.
Job done. :wink:

ROG:
If the truck is not at base then you must start the next shift at the same place you ended the last one

Can you see where there’s any suggestion that this is in any way connected with the question as asked??

If someone is asking if they can do it then there must be something they think means they cannot do it - thats simple logic

Often drivers ask this sort of question when the truck is not at base because that is the usual area of the rules which many get confused about - there are many instances where this question has been asked on this site in regards to that so adding that extra bit of info may have been pertinent but if not it can just be ignored :smiley:

ROG:
If someone is asking if they can do it then there must be something they think means they cannot do it - thats simple logic

ROG,
FYI, that’s not logic, it’s possibly you making assumptions about what a person is/isn’t thinking.

If you think there’s any uncertainty, why not try posting a question?

ROG:
Often drivers ask this sort of question when the truck is not at base because that is the usual area of the rules which many get confused about - there are many instances where this question has been asked on this site in regards to that so adding that extra bit of info may have been pertinent but if not it can just be ignored :smiley:

As above, if there’s any uncertainty, why not try asking a question? Or maybe letting the OP ask another question.

:bulb: It’s this type of spurious ‘extra’ info that takes stuff off-topic and ends up leading to complicated and confusing threads.

ROG:
… there are many instances where I’ve caused unnecessarily long and complicated muti-page threads on what started out as a simple question have happened on this site …

FTFY :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Each is entitled to their opinion and I did not lengthen this thread … someone called DD did :laughing: