9 hour unload at Next Rotherham RDC!

Apsolutley done in!!
Been around the uk all week starting Monday morning 4am!

Last container I got from Felixstowe, found to be 3 multi drop Next RDC’s
One in Bristol, them Doncaster, now Rotherham

Got here at 1pm and I won’t be done till 10pm :frowning: they are short staffed and offloading 700 big rugs!!
To get me back to Liverpool home tonight I’ve had to do a split break, 3 hours before In Doncaster and 8 hours here in Rotherham! CAN’T WAIT TO GO HOME

here’s some more pics since my last post

Cheers mate, don’t know why my iPhone uploads them like that

These things happen - and always on a Friday!! Good that you understand split rest and know how to use it. A little advice from an oldun: you’re perfectly legal doing what you suggest but don’t be afraid of stopping for a power nap on the way home. Chances are you haven’t had proper sleep today so, although the tacho says all is well, just take care.

Sounds like you’ve had a really good week and I wish you many more. PLEASE don’t drive tired.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

great93:
To get me back to Liverpool home tonight I’ve had to do a split break, 3 hours before In Doncaster and 8 hours here in Rotherham! CAN’T WAIT TO GO HOME

3 rest hours and a further 8 hours rest is not a legal split daily rest :open_mouth:

For a split daily rest you must have at-least 3 hours rest during the shift and a further 9 hours rest at the end of the shift, this has to be completed within the 24 hour period from start of the shift.

You need to extend the 8 hour rest period to 9 hours if you want to start a new 24 hour period to get home.

edit:
Sorry I overlooked the bit about split daily rest when I first saw your post.

This is what is wrong with transport, they order this load then you have to wait 9 hours for them to unload it. I hope both you and your firm get paid for all the time wasted.

And your point is■■?

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

yes this IS what is wrong with transport. At Asda the other day I had secure and stock to unload. Asda on my second drop and got in at 8am on the secure bay. Did not move until 13:45 !! luckily managed to get the rest done in the nic of time :smiley:

Edit: To be fair I don’t think it was their fault as the supplier had sent wrong size packages which meant half of it went back :unamused:

Got here at 1pm and I won’t be done till 10pm

That’s what I was basing the 9 hours on. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks everyone, I didn’t leave till 10.20pm got back to Manchester to drop the trailer then took the wagon back to the yard in Liverpool.

I done a bad mistake on the way home, I took the a628 from Rotherham to Manchester, 13 miles of downhill, uphill, pitch black, tight bends, narrow lanes, national, heavy traffic nightmare :frowning: what a scary road, good job My container was empty otherwise I would’ve struggled laden !

I took the a628 from Rotherham to Manchester

All part of the learning curve!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

great93:
Thanks everyone, I didn’t leave till 10.20pm got back to Manchester to drop the trailer then took the wagon back to the yard in Liverpool.

I done a bad mistake on the way home, I took the a628 from Rotherham to Manchester, 13 miles of downhill, uphill, pitch black, tight bends, narrow lanes, national, heavy traffic nightmare :frowning: what a scary road, good job My container was empty otherwise I would’ve struggled laden !

Used the 628 on Thursday night, somebody had gone off into a ditch. don’t know what happened whether he just lost it or had a blow out hope he was alright

great93:

I’d of used the M62 that time of night - night is just about the only time I would though!

Typical agency driver, feet up on the interior etccetceetc.

Sam Millar:

It’s a full time job Sam!! And I’m cab hopping through the fleet till August when the company buys 4 more wagons, I should have my own to look after and keep all my gear in…

Been horrible tramping in different wagons every week haha, I get a horrible feeling I’ve left something in one lorry when I’m on my way home in my car

great93:

Sam Millar:

It’s a full time job Sam!! And I’m cab hopping through the fleet till August when the company buys 4 more wagons, I should have my own to look after and keep all my gear in…

Been horrible tramping in different wagons every week haha, I get a horrible feeling I’ve left something in one lorry when I’m on my way home in my car

Yeah that’s not a nice feeling at all lol

Nope it’s not, I can’t wait till I get my own wagon, there all the same, white Volvo FH oldest is a 57 plate and the company own loads but 15 where I’m based.

It’s general haulage but as I already had 3 months container experience, all the work I’ve done the last few weeks have been on containers with one shift on curtainsiders :slight_smile: