9 hour daily rest after 10 hour driving day

Hi have got question about daily rest.
Is it legal or not to take a 9 hour reduced daily rest after a shift that involves extending the daily driving limit from 9 hours to a maximum of 10 hours?
I was always under the impression that it was perfectly legal but recently was chatting to 2 other drivers who were adamant that its not legal to take a reduced daily rest of 9 hours after working a shift that involves 10 hours driving?
I did 1 shift of 14h 30 min with 9h 52 min driving then 9h 5min daily rest after shift then the next day 12h shift with 9h 45 min driving then about 9h 2min daily rest after shift.
Both drivers said i should have taken an 11 hour daily rest after both shifts and that i can expect problems from the police or vosa if stopped.
On both occasions i had the option to use one of my 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods that a driver is entitled to use,who is right and who is wrong?

No problem with that . drive 10hrs and have a 9 off why not
you need to show in a 24 hr period either 11 hrs or 9 hrs of daily rest . not going in to split rest but ur fine as long as you don’t exceed the number of reduced rests or extended drives 9 REST +15 DUTY =24
11REST +13 DUTY = 24 THATS THE RESTRICTIONS Crack on driver

CALUM:
… recently was chatting to 2 other drivers who were adamant that its not legal to take a reduced daily rest of 9 hours after working a shift that involves 10 hours driving?

Maybe the dcpc is needed for some !!

CALUM:
Both drivers said i should have taken an 11 hour daily rest after both shifts and that i can expect problems from the police or vosa if stopped.
On both occasions i had the option to use one of my 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods that a driver is entitled to use,who is right and who is wrong?

You’re right, they were both talking complete nonsense.

Paul.

CALUM:
Hi have got question about daily rest.
Is it legal or not to take a 9 hour reduced daily rest after a shift that involves extending the daily driving limit from 9 hours to a maximum of 10 hours?
I was always under the impression that it was perfectly legal but recently was chatting to 2 other drivers who were adamant that its not legal to take a reduced daily rest of 9 hours after working a shift that involves 10 hours driving?
I did 1 shift of 14h 30 min with 9h 52 min driving then 9h 5min daily rest after shift then the next day 12h shift with 9h 45 min driving then about 9h 2min daily rest after shift.

As soon as you are on duty for more than 13 hours you are on a reduced rest, regardless of whether you take more than 11 hours before starting you next shift. 24 hours - 13 hours and 1 minute = 10 hours 59 minutes so it’s a reduced daily rest. In the majority of cases anyone doing a 10 hour driving day will likely do more than 13 hours duty. Ten hours driving, 90 minutes minimum of break, time for daily checks and fuelling and you are probably at 12 hours already. That doesn’t leave much for other stuff such as booking in somewhere, loading, unloading securing the load and so on.

On the first shift you describe you did 14.5 hours so it was impossible to take a full daily rest regardless of what the idiots you were talking to said. Even if you had left it 11 hours before resuming you would still have had a 9.5 hour reduced daily rest.

Thanks very much for all your replies and advice,yes i thought i was correct have never had a drivers hours infringment or any problems when stopped by police/vosa for taking 9 hours daily rest after a shift that involves 10 hours driving.