8wheels on 2wheels - Completed and thanks

Well we did the ride this morning and thanks to the weather managed to stay dry until crossing a ford at about 20mph. It was deeper than it looked :astonished:

It was a great event and my younger son (6) wants to do it next year, Jack and I might consider the 50km next year.

Iā€™d like to say thank you to everyone who has supported us Ā£140 from people Iā€™ve never met or spoken to, the closest Iā€™ve ever managed is an odd PM here or a response to a post. Iā€™m also embarrased to say thereā€™s a donation from someone Iā€™ve got no idea who it is.

Also thanks to Williemac for taking the details from my sig. and posting it, Iā€™d decided to ask quietly but thanks to him the total is no doubt much greater.

Finally thanks to the mods for keeping it in the more obvious place.

well done mate . glad you survived it.

Congratulations mate well done

Well done to both of you. :smiley:

Well done to bothā€¦ :smiley:

well done. :smiley:

As at the time of this post:

Donations so far: Ā£ 300.00

OK, so the target is exceeded, but letā€™s see what else we can do eh?? :wink:

:open_mouth: Come on the rest of you tightarses, letā€™s see you crowbar those wallets open. :laughing: :grimacing:

:open_mouth: Oh dear, I seem to have duplicated a post. :open_mouth:
I wonder how that happened? :wink:

:blush: Iā€™ll hold out my wrist for the inevitable slap for shamelessly ā€˜bumpingā€™ a post. :blush:

:open_mouth: Please be merciful mrs mix, I did it for a good cause. :smiley:

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS Jack :smiley: :smiley:

And 8wheels. :wink:

Thanks again dd, Iā€™d just like to add that thereā€™s another Ā£15 incoming from TNUK, a couple of members are sending it directly to me. When it arrives Iā€™ll update the Justgiving site.

Obviously Iā€™d be thrilled for any more, but Iā€™m over the moon with what weā€™ve had already. Iā€™d have been pleased with a pound or two here or there.

Jeez, I turn my back for a few days and people start doing worthwhile things! Well done 8 and son! :smiley:

grumpybum:
Jeez, I turn my back for a few days and people start doing worthwhile things! Well done 8 and son! :smiley:

Hi grumpybum, ā€œā€¦for a few daysā€¦ā€ :open_mouth: Yea, right. :wink:

:smiley: Glad to see you back though. :grimacing:

congrats, hope it dont affect this weeks diary :laughing: