88 hrs driving am i right

finished my shift friday arfternoon on 88.23 mins driving time over two weeks as by my digi box on the first week i did 51 hrs had a 38 hr break at the weekend then started monday then finished on friday previous to this i was on a family hols for two weeks so when i returned to work my digi box started on zero my employer said that i need to start on sun midday arfter i had 45 hrs break for a long run up to scotland i said that i cant becuse that ive exceeded my hrs to nearly 90 and that i wouldnt be able to start until 01.00 bst on monday am as this will start a fresh week and that i would start with having done 37.23 min the previous week? he said its ok cos you are having a 45 hr break■■? i said yeh right see you monday

I make you right. You can start to drive on Monday, anytime after 00.01. Otherwise your driving would probaby exceed the 90 hours per fortnight limit.

You can start driving at midnight Sunday without any worry of going over your fortnightly driving time for the past two weeks.

Your boss is completely wrong to suggest that a weekly rest period resets the weekly/fortnightly driving times.

thanks to you all i knew i was right i even been reading up on the vosa web site even if you start and finish midweek and do weekly breaks its the driving time that runs a fixed week ie utc thats why the digi box lets you know and that it changes over at midnight utc sunday because with all euro running the same rules there has to be a starting block somewhere to calculate from. duty time runs differant than driving time its simple :smiley:

ok lets finish this thread got a phone call from the boss on sunday and he said he was sorry and that i was right so i went to work on monday and all was fine so i say to people stick to your guns and all we be fine and thanks to the the lads for advice