80 KPH with ADR in France

is it going to be abolished still or is it going to remain. I had heard they where going to raise it up to the normal 90kph

Not heard anything about it being recinded but as 80kph is the norm in the rest of Europe, I expect they will keep it. It is after all a good earner at the peage.

Wheel Nut:
Not heard anything about it being recinded but as 80kph is the norm in the rest of Europe, I expect they will keep it. It is after all a good earner at the peage.

If you mean being fined by arriving too early, I thought that was an urban legend?

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

If you mean being fined by arriving too early, I thought that was an urban legend?

Simpler than that. They just stand and look for those big orange boards and then check your disc for a tad over 80.

France have also been known to do you for the previous disc using CMR and delivery notes as evidence of an ADR load

Well ive only ever driven at 80 in France ive never bothered anywhere else for the pure fact that the motorway plod are very over the top on fineing you for owt. However i do tend to stick at around 85 not 80 put ive never been done for it. Germany and Belgium and Holland dont have reduced speed if i remeber right, granted Holland is 80k’s all the time but its not 70 with ADR