8 years is it long enough

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west … 846696.stm

I suppose that it is fair to say about these two that they are a waste of space.My personal view on this, is that the sentence was a harsh one.They were trying to scam people into donating to a search fund, which they would pocket, and then live the life of Riley for a few months, before it all got spent on beer and ■■■■.However, as the Defence Barrister said, rightly in my view, " This does not make her a Myra Hyndley, or a Rose West.". There was a case reported on the TV News this week, where a guy in Geordieland had been sentenced to 1 year in jail for killing a guy in a street attack.( he had demanded a ■■■ of the other feller, who had refused to hand it over, Hard Man then chinned the other guy, who fell and fractured his skull on the pavement, and died),. The man,s family took the matter to the Court of Appeal in the Smoke.The Judge agreed that the sentence was too lenient.He then increased it to 2 years.Perhaps that should put the sentence handed down to these 2, into some sort of context.