7 minutes over driving hours

I went 7 minutes over yesterday due to a bit of traffic, I’ve wrote on the back of the printout, will vosa be really botherd! First time over drive time

Smoggie89:
I went 7 minutes over yesterday due to a bit of traffic, I’ve wrote on the back of the printout, will vosa be really botherd! First time over drive time

If it wasn’t happening often I wouldn’t be bothered.

Smoggie89:

VOSA are only interested if it keeps happening or you do not make an explanation

Watch out for the company that checks the tachos because it often happens that you get an infringement because they failed in their duty to read the manual explanation

Smoggie89:

As long as there’s a good reason they shouldn’t be bothered but keep the printout with you in case you get stopped.

Cheers should be okay then

When i drover over once i did 2 printouts with explanation on both just to be sure

ROG:

Smoggie89:

VOSA are only interested if it keeps happening or you do not make an explanation

Watch out for the company that checks the tachos because it often happens that you get an infringement because they failed in their duty to read the manual explanation

Because it still IS an infringement!

interlog:

YES, it has infringed the rules but does not count against the driver

ROG:

interlog:

Course it does, an infringement is still an infringement no matter what excuse is given for it.

selby newcomer:

ROG:

interlog:

Course it does, an infringement is still an infringement no matter what excuse is given for it.

Drivers are not machines or robots,take care to make a printout and a written explanation,VOSA will not have a problem with odd infringement as long as it’s not a regular thing,despite what many say they can tell the good guys from the chancers!(If I get a pull on Monday i’ll be back to slag them off :laughing: )

How many times have you been pulled by Vosa since you have been driving?

I suspect you could count on one and.so the chances of Vosa ever finding out are about nil and even if they did I don’t think they would really be bothered.I have been pulled and been checked I know there were multiple times I had exceeded one limit or another nothing was said.

You only get problems when you get attitude

I’ve found they have been ok if its a few minutes once in a blue moon always very dubious when someone tells me they got nicked for been 1 minute over.
Of course if you happen to drive overseas loose your card and rip the tacho out and install a new one as the kings of the overland route will tell you it will be a €20000 or 5 years in the Bastille for moving the lorry six inches.

what has the job come to when adults worry about 7 mins we live in the real world were things go wrong.I dought vosa would be to borthered with this as when ever i get stopped i just say my cards are not perfect but i do my best and every one of them have gave the same reply and that is they now it is impossible to have every card perfect and up to now every one who i have delt with have been fine,As said before vosa are no fools they now the ones who are taking the pi## as far as i am concerned there is a lot more in life to worry about in life then the odd time when you go over your driving time

7 mins? Every now and then I wouldn’t worry. Like said take a printout. When I got done a few years ago by vosa, they told me not to worry about infringements as long a they have a reasonable explanation and that you are taking the ■■■■.

I do my own tachograph analysis and I clock up an average of three infringements a month, always the most minor things, twice this month I have parked up on 4.29, put the tacho on rest, and about 30 seconds an infringement warning has appeared. I was legal when I stopped but after a period of being stationary I had an infringement for driving too long. How does that work then? :unamused:

But VOSA just wouldn’t be interested in stuff like this, they are there to target people who know that there are laws but just choose to systematically ignore them.

I was told by a ministry/vosa guy a while ago that when they are checking tacho discs if it had a written explanation on the back for an infringment, he dosn’t bother looking at it, its the ones with out an explanation he was intrested in!

Harry Monk:
I do my own tachograph analysis and I clock up an average of three infringements a month, always the most minor things, twice this month I have parked up on 4.29, put the tacho on rest, and about 30 seconds an infringement warning has appeared. I was legal when I stopped but after a period of being stationary I had an infringement for driving too long. How does that work then? :unamused:

But VOSA just wouldn’t be interested in stuff like this, they are there to target people who know that there are laws but just choose to systematically ignore them.

Next time you stop on 4:29, change mode on tacho to show driving times, and it will keep counting for a couple of mins after you have stopped putting you over, especially so if youve done a bit of stop start in traffic!

I have never, ever had a problem with VOSA. I have probably been inspected about twelve or fifteen times over the years, they have always found some minor fault with my cards or the vehicle but I’ve never been prosecuted by them.

The very first thing that VOSA do when they stop you is apply the “attitude test”. If you pass that then they don’t normally keep you more than 10 or 15 minutes.

Harry Monk:

The new generation digi tachos are much better the first one rounded up to the minute so say your in traffic or a queue at a dock or something your stop start keeps putting a minute on. The new one rounds up to the second and can really make a difference. Not sure how much a unit costs but depending on your work it could be money well spent.

I had that exact infringement yesterday. Stopped at Dartford Services on 4.29 because of stop/start thanks to the 3 lanes being closed… Changed to Rest and dash was flashing red Exceeded driving time…

32 minutes driving time to travel 3.1 miles may I add… :confused: