7 days or not....

Finished my working week at 5.10 this morning…being asked to run out Sunday night at 6pm. Fairly certain i can’t do this but wanted to double check on here with the wise ones. …so? Can I work Sunday night for a few hours or do I need to wait until after 0000 Sunday night/Monday morning?

Many thanks in advance.
Si

Ps I started week at 4am last Monday

Sorry make that 7am…last Monday

Of course you can provided you had a full weekly rest last week as you’ll be reducing your weekly rest this week down to about 35 hrs.

As long as you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest period last week and you can have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period next week you can legally work Sunday.

If you start at 18:00 Sunday your reduced weekly rest period will be 36 hours 50 minutes so you will need to have paid back 8 hours 10 minutes compensation by midnight 13th January.

Thanks chaps…is there no rule that states you can’t work 7 consecutive days even with a minimum 24 hour rest period in between??

sydeakinwoods:
Thanks chaps…is there no rule that states you can’t work 7 consecutive days even with a minimum 24 hour rest period in between??

No, as long as you start a weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period no later than six periods of 24 hours (144 hours) from the end of the last weekly rest period you’re fine.

Thanks for the help :smiley:

There is nothing in the regulations that mentions the word DAYS because everyone has an opinon of what a DAY is

That is why the regs use 24 hours because a period of 24 hours is stated to start from the end of any rest period and that makes it very flexible

Just tell em you don’t want to do it instead of try to find a legal loop hole as a get out

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

The problem I have is I’m only working Monday so want to get going on Sunday so I can beat any queues on Monday morning…although I hate working on a Sunday. But I’d hate to not get home till late on Monday night being christmas eve an that…

sydeakinwoods:
The problem I have is I’m only working Monday so want to get going on Sunday so I can beat any queues on Monday morning…although I hate working on a Sunday. But I’d hate to not get home till late on Monday night being christmas eve an that…

Good idea and perfectly legal in your case it seems from the info you have produced

You will have a full weekly rest counted for this week as well if you have the 25th and 26th off so if you also have next weekend off including the sunday midnight period then that can count as a full weekly rest for the week 31st dec to 6th jan

ROG:

sydeakinwoods:

Good idea and perfectly legal in your case it seems from the info you have produced

You will have a full weekly rest counted for this week as well if you have the 25th and 26th off so if you also have next weekend off including the sunday midnight period then that can count as a full weekly rest for the week 31st dec to 6th jan

If the OP is on holiday on the 25th and 26th it will count for next week (week starting 24th December) not this week.

tachograph:

ROG:

sydeakinwoods:

If the OP is on holiday on the 25th and 26th it will count for next week (week starting 24th December) not this week.

Correct - I worded that incorrectly - easy silly error as I was thinking about next week forgetting that THIS WEEK did not end til midnight tonight :blush: