7 days, Is it possible

Hi, As the title suggests, can you work seven days in a row, ie:

Start sunday at 1400hrs, so 6 24hr periods finish 1400hrs saturday, your new week starts monday at 0000hrs, therefore running sunday is part of the previous week, then it comes to friday evening and your an hour short on driving time so you park up. Is it possible to run in saturday morning as long as your finished before 1400hrs, this would be 7 cards but only six days in the week as the working week starts 0000hrs monday, any advice would be gratefully received…

Kind Regards

Lrm

If I understand your question correctly yes you would be able to run in Saturday. However it wouldn’t be a case of finishing before 1400hrs, what you would need to do is have a 24hr break once you’ve parked on Friday. For example if you parked up at 1800hrs Friday you could then restart at 1800hrs Saturday. But be aware you have effectively reduced your “weekend” break and would need to pay back as usual.

If you did do this option there would be nothing to stop you coming out on Sunday too and doing a further 5 more driving periods (including the Sunday)

Nice try but no go. IMO
I think you are confusing the ‘fixed week’ 00.00 Monday to 24.00 Sunday, which is used only for calculating the weekly driving limits, with your ‘working week’ which begins the first day you return to work after a weekly rest, whether that’s a reduced 24 hr or a >45 hr.
If your ‘working week’ started 1400 Sunday and finished 1400 Saturday, as you stated, and you must have Sunday off, either as a reduced 24hr weekly rest, or tag on a bit of the Monday for the min of a 45hr weekly rest.

Quote “Note: An actual working week starts at the end of a weekly rest period, and finishes when another
weekly rest period is commenced, which may mean that weekly rest is taken in the middle of a fixed
(Monday—Sunday) week. This is perfectly acceptable — the working week is not required to be aligned
with the ‘fixed’ week defined in the rules, provided all the relevant limits are complied with.”

Stevel, the way LRM worded it was slightly confusing, ie 6x 24hrs periods. If however, he was parked up an hour away from base as he went on to say, then I stand by what I said about it being ok for him to run in Sat AFTER a 24hr break.

LRM:

Start sunday at 1400hrs, so 6 24hr periods finish 1400hrs saturday, your new week starts monday at 0000hrs, therefore running sunday is part of the previous week, then it comes to friday evening and your an hour short on driving time so you park up. Is it possible to run in saturday morning as long as your finished before 1400hrs, this would be 7 cards but only six days in the week as the working week starts 0000hrs monday, any advice would be gratefully received…

Kind Regards

Lrm

The working week does not start at 00:00 Monday, it starts at the end of a weekly rest period and ends at the start of the next weekly rest period or after six 24 hour periods, whichever comes first.
The fixed week starts at 00:00 Monday and runs through to 24:00 Sunday.

Sorry mate but as far as I can see you’re trying to mix and match the two types of week, it’s a nice idea but I reckon VOSA would be slightly ■■■■■■ off if you took part of the working week and added it to the fixed week in order to get 7 days work in, or have I got that the wrong way round :confused: :wink:

Anyway you can’t work 7 consecutive days without fitting in a reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours sometime before the seventh 24 hour period starts.

You can work six 24 hour periods and then must have a weekly rest period regardless of what fixed week any of the days come under :wink:

By the way I don’t fully understand the work pattern you refer to but it does seem to me that you would probably benefit from studying the weekly rest period regulations amongst other things :wink:

You could do worse than to study this

Now you see this would be a perfect thread for ROG to ask you to post start and finish times in order to clarify exactly what is being asked :smiley:

But where is he !!! ? :imp: :smiling_imp:

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Sorry guys but regardless of whether we refer to working week/driving week I still stand by my assertion that it is technically possible to legally drive 7 periods over 7 days. If you refer to my first post in this thread you can see how it can be done. With the change in rules regarding weekly rest periods it’s actually possible now to do this even if you’ve taken said break at your depot, whereas before you would’ve needed to be away from base to do it.

You’re absolutely right mate you can indeed work on 7 consecutive days as long as you fit in a reduced weekly rest of no less than 24 hours sometime before starting the seventh 24 hour period.
In fact if you look again at my previous post you’ll see that I said much the same thing only phrased differently and possibly not the best way.

Can’t really comment on the OPs case though as I can’t pretend to fully understand what hours he wishes to work and when.

Probably me being a bit thick but it is quite late :wink:

tachograph:
Anyway you can’t work 7 consecutive days without fitting in a reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours sometime before the seventh 24 hour period starts.

Obviously I’m tired too 'cos I missed that bit in your post about the 24hr break. Actually I’m not tired and I’d like to say in my defence there was a vid on telly of Miss Minogue writhing around in hot pants which distracted me! :smiley: :smiley:

I agree the OP was a bit ambiguous with a mix and match of different rules etc. We both agree it can be done though so we got there in the end mate. :smiley: :smiley:

tachograph:
Now you see this would be a perfect thread for ROG to ask you to post start and finish times in order to clarify exactly what is being asked :smiley:

But where is he !!! ? :imp: :smiling_imp:

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

I’m here but as you said -

tachograph:
Can’t really comment on the OPs case though as I can’t pretend to fully understand what hours he wishes to work and when.

Without that info no more can be said than has already :smiley: :smiley:

LRM:
Start sunday at 1400hrs, so 6 24hr periods finish 1400hrs saturday

yes your right

LRM:
your new week starts monday at 0000hrs

no mate it would start when you have completed weekly rest

so if you finished at 14.00 Saturday you would not be able to go back to work till the rest as being completed and the minimum rest would be 24 hours if you have one available other wise it would be 45 hours

LRM:
Is it possible to run in saturday morning as long as your finished before 1400hrs

yes mate, when you finish lets say you finished on sat at 9 am and required a 45 hour rest you can be back at work at 6am mon and that when the next 6x24 hour periods

the 6x24 hour periods bit in the regs is only to tell you when a rest as to be taken buy, 6x24 hour periods as no fixed point in any week and the 6x24 hour periods can start at any time in any week

if you like to get yourself some popcorn you could have a read of this post it mite enlighten you more or at least give you a laugh :stuck_out_tongue:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44747

tachograph:

LRM:

Kind Regards

I was stopped at Stafford VOSA checkpoint recently and asked the VOSA official who checked my cards if this instance was legal and it was explained like this…

1. Your working week starts at the end of your previous weekly rest.
  2. You must take another weekly rest at the end of the sixth 24 hour period, eg :- Start Sunday at 14.00 you must park up by Saturday at 14.00.
  3. If you abide by the other rules regarding daily rest etc you may work until 14.00 on Saturday so after taking a DAILY rest and so long as you are finished by 14.00 it would be legal to use 7 cards.

There is no rule that says you may only drive for six periods, only the one as stated re:- six 24hr periods. I happened to have six cards starting at 16.00 on the Sunday showing only 5hrs plus ferry crossings for Sunday/Monday and also 2 other short days that week finishing at base on Friday lunchtime after my sixth card had run out. VOSA agreed with my Dutch customers interpretation that it would have been OK for me to take a daily rest on Friday and do another night shift from Friday evening as long as I was parked up for my weekly rest by 16.00 on Saturday.

I hope this explanation makes sense. I know that it takes some believing but as I said earlier I was wary of the way it had been interpreted by my customer so checked for myself.

You must remember that all other rules apply including the maximum weekly driving limit of 56hrs. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The number of daily rest periods between weekly rest periods was an issue in a very big thread but VOSA cleared this up for UK drivers by saying that there is no limit to the number of daily rest periods that can be taken between the weekly rest periods.

That is great to have a definition for UK drivers BUT other EU countries may view article 8 of 561/2006 in a different light.
This issue has now gone to the EU commissioner for clarification as it cannot be right that one EU country can be different to others for one set of EU regulations
So far, no-one has come up with proof as to how other EU countries regard article 8 of 561/2006 so it may be that they do regard it as the same as VOSA but until we know…

Hi to all,

Annitram, i think you get the jist of what i am saying, supposing the hours from the previous week allow and the hours from this week allow what i would like clarified is… that if you go sunday at 1400hrs after a 45hr rest but on the friday you run out of daily driving time, is it possible to run in on the saturday morning as long as your finished by 1400hrs, this would mean 6 daily rest periods in a row but would not enter the 6 24hr periods as you started sunday at 1400hrs and finished saturday at 1400hrs…

Dont get me wrong, i do think it sounds like its pushing it but a friend insists it can be done, i hope you all can see what im getting at!!!

Kind regards
Lrm

LRM:
Hi to all,

Annitram, i think you get the jist of what i am saying, supposing the hours from the previous week allow and the hours from this week allow what i would like clarified is… that if you go sunday at 1400hrs after a 45hr rest but on the friday you run out of daily driving time, is it possible to run in on the saturday morning as long as your finished by 1400hrs, this would mean 6 daily rest periods in a row but would not enter the 6 24hr periods as you started sunday at 1400hrs and finished saturday at 1400hrs…

Dont get me wrong, i do think it sounds like its pushing it but a friend insists it can be done, i hope you all can see what im getting at!!!

Kind regards
Lrm

If you start work at 14:00 Sunday then work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but on Friday you do your 9 or 10 hours driving and have to stop short of where you wish to be which presumably would be your base depot, as long as you have enough weekly driving hours and work hours left then there’s no reason why you can’t run back in on the Saturday as long as you have the correct daily rest for Friday and you finish work by 14:00 Saturday.

In other words if you start work at 14:00 Sunday after a weekly rest then you should be finished work by 14:00 Saturday, obviously all break and rest periods for the working week should be taken.

Hope this helps.

LRM:
Hi, As the title suggests, can you work seven days in a row,

Yes, in fact 13 days in a row is legally possible.

Hi, thanks to all who replied…

Kind regards, LRM