7.5t towing

I have been asked to fetch an agricultural 27 foot bale trailer that a friend has bought. Its fairly new, well lit, has super singles fitted. Cheapest way to get it back (200 mls) is to tow with 7.5 ton tipper. Trailer unladen weight below 3.5t. I have class 1. Just wondered if anyone knew legalities concerning towing agricultural kit please?

If it has hydraulic brakes you’re not going to be able to connect them to your 7.5tonner which would be a show stopper. The other potential issue is that the trailer might only be rated for a fairly low speed so even if you can sort everything else it might be a slow journey.

Paul

If all that Repton has said is OK, i.e non-hydrolic breaks etc then I would guess that it would be alright.

The manufacturers plate on either the drivers or passengers side door shut should give you all of the weights for the towing vehicle, including the Gross Train Weight.

I may be wrong…it has happened before :open_mouth:

Ok, thank you for your help. I’m pretty sure it has hydraulic brakes, so I guess it would be illeagal to tow .