7.5t TNT Job

Has anybody on here worked as a 7.5t driver for TNT, Looking for some info on hours, money and just any general info. From what I’ve seen its a 07:00 start typically in a daf ?

Thanks!

have one regular into our office delivering various things. Cant comment on conditions and pay but he’s been there years and is happy with his lot. I think its the same as most 7.5t jobs, drive round like yer arse is on fire and once you know your area the jobs a doodle. I can say he usually is on his way back around 5.30pm.

DAF trucks…£8.50 p/h plus overtime last time I was headhunted. Scan things on and off, mostly bulk deliveries to shops when I looked.

Same as above, our TNT delivery bloke was there when I started over 10 years ago so you’d assume he would have found something else by now if it was terrible to work for.

I went for a interview around a year ago and got the job … The interview was like i was going for a job that paid 50k a year

And from what i could gather they start you off on say 40 drops and day and then it just keeps going up and up and up

I thought about it for a few minutes and then decided no

My mate has done various courier jobs. You’ll be looking at up to 100 drops a day.

thetastytrucker:
I went for a interview around a year ago and got the job … The interview was like i was going for a job that paid 50k a year

And from what i could gather they start you off on say 40 drops and day and then it just keeps going up and up and up

I thought about it for a few minutes and then decided no

Would be be able to share what exactly is involved in the interview, I’ve been asked to go for a driving assessment, From what i’ve read else where its about a 30min drive with thoery question’s after. Did you have a formal interview after that?

Thanks

I had formal interview which if sucsessfull leads to driving test

A couple of people I know have worked for them. Both have said they’d still be there if it wasn’t for having to take time off for ‘family stuff’, and being booted for it.

did a day there for agency they have a security guy goes around checking you locked the doors etc

he was a bit of a ■■■■ end to be truthfull could see him following me looking for his chance heard of the regulars that they suspect he has a spare set of keys to fit you up if your face dont fit was only there three days and got out thankfully

I had an assessment there last week first you do a nine part computer assessment on hazards, theory, attitudes, defensive driving, fuel efficiency, safety etc, you have to get 75% to pass if you don’t pass they finish it there and then (I got 74%) and you don’t go on the drive.

My guess is it would leave a massive crater.

Own Account Driver:
My guess is it would leave a massive crater.

:laughing: :laughing:

I know a lad that does it, he does 50-75 drops a day and depending on the amount of drops and distance between them he can be home before 5 or as late as half 7.

He seems to like it but if you’re like me and multi dropping is not your thing it’s a nightmare.
Either way you’ll find out if you can hack it in a month.