7.5T Private Use Insurance

Best people for private use insurance ?

Using a recovery truck to transport a race car.

Thanks

Phantom Mark:

Thanks

I used these guys when I did my house up (insured a V plate 7.5tn tipper). Wouldn’t allow me to do 3rd party; but no one else I called could comprehend use of a HGV for private means. They were all trying to quote commercial. Anyhow, I think it was £650 for a year.

anthonydevans.co.uk/

i used to use one for exactly the same use, i used adrian flux. the where the only ones who would touch me.

Have a look in the Horsey magazines as many of the pony brigade use 7.5t horse boxes privately.

NFU are worth a go as well

Paul

you could ask the forum sponsor Compare HGV Blatent plug !! :grimacing: I have no idea if they can help with this but worth asking

Conor:
Have a look in the Horsey magazines as many of the pony brigade use 7.5t horse boxes privately.

which is fine but all the horsebox insurers will not touch any vehicle that doesnt carry horses… i tried that one myself :frowning:

Trade insurance doesn’t that cover it, just an idea.

I pay 700 per year comprehensive and protected etc for any vehicle in my custody or control up to 7.5 ton whether registered to me r not…not lhd but anything else is fine so long as I don’t take more than 2 cars on a recovery truck. seems cheap enough to me.saves me trying to insure all the toys and campervans etc separately…part time trader,no premises,no employees.no need for public liability etc. plus cover for demonstration and tuition.

hi I use cherished ins for my Mercedes atego 12 tonne recovery truck that I use to transport my old Bedford on,
01252 713148,

dieseldog999:
I pay 700 per year comprehensive and protected etc for any vehicle in my custody or control up to 7.5 ton whether registered to me r not…not lhd but anything else is fine so long as I don’t take more than 2 cars on a recovery truck. seems cheap enough to me.saves me trying to insure all the toys and campervans etc separately…part time trader,no premises,no employees.no need for public liability etc. plus cover for demonstration and tuition.

Forgetting to mention you’re 60 years old with 42 years no claims. :unamused: Paid 750 to insure my 1.2l car with 1 year no claims, 2 years of having licence, pass plus, class 1 and my Certificate of Professional Competence… 233 for the bike (a 125).

Insurance is truly ridiculous.

el_presidente:

Phantom Mark:

Thanks

I used these guys when I did my house up (insured a V plate 7.5tn tipper). Wouldn’t allow me to do 3rd party; but no one else I called could comprehend use of a HGV for private means. They were all trying to quote commercial. Anyhow, I think it was £650 for a year.

anthonydevans.co.uk/

Went with this option until I get my restricted “O”

£293 Fully Comp - £94 of that was the breakdown cover :slight_smile:

Thanks for that chaps.