7.5 ton weight limit. Caught!

Hello all I drive a 15 ton Hiab. Spot of bother today! Had a delivery to a site I’ve not been to before. Thought the only access was the road I took! Which was a 7.5 ton limit, went round a bend over a small bridge. Immediately thought ■■■■ but went over, no problems. I know it’s wrong but, anyway site was just round the corner went in and done delivery with no worries. Here’s the problem a woman was ranting and raving at the site entrance saying she needed to speak to me, the people on site have a already had issues with her over vehicle access. Anyway went and spoke to her she said she was going to ring the police because I had just broken the law by coming down the 7.5 ton limit.(bloody busybodies) Held my hands said yes okay. My question is if she did phone the police what action would they take, think she has my vehicle reg but didn’t take my name. But that’s easy enough for them to get if they need to. Lesson learnt just hope my job isn’t at risk have told the boss he didn’t seem overly concerned said well see what happens.
Any advice would be much appreciated. :cry:

Paul

I’m only guessing but I’d imagine the old bill won’t be too bothered about some batty woman they would have to catch you themselves, worse case would be a warning letter.

^^ what he said ^^

Don’t lose any sleep over it.

:neutral_face: Thanks for the quick response puts me at ease a bit.

Regards

Paul

If the road you took was the only access keep a copy of the delivery document, you are allowed in 7.5 roads if your delivering :wink:
Ask the woman when she moves or buys a washing machine how the wagons deliver the stuff :laughing:

As above Mr Plod will have better things to do

:neutral_face: Thanks for the quick response puts me at ease a bit.
Cheers drift will let you All know if there’s any further news!!!
Regards

Paul

Drift:
If the road you took was the only access keep a copy of the delivery document, you are allowed in 7.5 roads if your delivering :wink:
Ask the woman when she moves or buys a washing machine how the wagons deliver the stuff :laughing:

No you’re not, you’re only legally allowed to go through 7.5t weight restriction if the sign says except for access or except for loading, many weight restrictions have no such concession.

I imagine the most likely outcome would be that the police have a word with the site bosses and advise them to inform delivery people of the best rout in and out of the site.

tachograph:

Drift:

No you’re not, you’re only legally allowed to go through 7.5t weight restriction if the sign says except for access or except for loading, many weight restrictions have no such concession.

I imagine the most likely outcome would be that the police have a word with the site bosses and advise them to inform delivery people of the best rout in and out of the site.

I had noticed some signs did not have the access stipulated, so what if you need to deliver to a building site or residential address?
I am sure I have popped through a few for that reason. Ta

Drift:

tachograph:

Drift:

I had noticed some signs did not have the access stipulated, so what if you need to deliver to a building site or residential address?
I am sure I have popped through a few for that reason. Ta

It’s rare for there only to be one rout in my experience, but if there is only one way in and there’s a weight restriction then legally you shouldn’t be going there in a vehicle that doesn’t conform to the weight restriction.

Having said that, you’re not the only one who’s been blinded by the sun and unable to see a weight restriction sign … so I’ve been told anyway :wink:

Tut tut tut :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

"blinded by the sun "

What’s that then■■?

mikeshe:
"blinded by the sun "

What’s that then■■?

I normally say it was hidden by some bush :wink:

Nothing said today at work no, police waiting for me so fingers crossed I’ll here no more :smiley:

Robbie

Unless she’s got video evidence…
Like you say, there have already been issues with her in the past, sounds like one of those that just like to make trouble for anyone, wouldn’t you agree ?

I’m sure you have no recollection of driving down a restricted route anyway, in fact, you’re ■■■■ sure you came in from the other side. She must be mistaken.

Just an update! It’s been two weeks now and nothing heard so got away with it,(unless she has video!!!) thanks for all replies, safe driving to you all and stay legal. :smiley: