7.5 ton job wanted ipswich area

Hi after my bad experience with a recovery company im not allowed to name , im nowseeking work again , I have 20 yrs class1 experience , but my class 1 expired in 2008 so I can only drive up to 7.5 tonners ,and also only analogue tacho trucks .
Does anyone have any ideas as to firms in my area that are looking 4 drivers ?

Just take your medical and get your entitlements back :smiley:

Drift:
Just take your medical and get your entitlements back :smiley:

And apply for a digicard

I don’t want em back , I had 20 plus yrs driving container waggons and now I would be quite happy with driving a little 7.5 tonner .

ricardo62:
I don’t want em back , I had 20 plus yrs driving container waggons and now I would be quite happy with driving a little 7.5 tonner .

You probably know already but you need the dcpc 35 hours by 09/09/2014 if you want to drive a 7.5 commercially after that date

Cannot help with any of your Qs as not in that area

Are you up to date on the current EU regs which changed in 2007 ?

Thanks Rog and to be honest ive been completely out of the loop since 2008 so I don’t have a cpc or digicard but I was hoping to find a job to tide me over for a while , driving analogue vehicle , I assume I would be ok to drive if there was a company still with an older type truck with my current licence , I don’t want a digicard I just want to keep things simple like they were before

ricardo62:
Thanks Rog and to be honest ive been completely out of the loop since 2008 so I don’t have a cpc or digicard but I was hoping to find a job to tide me over for a while , driving analogue vehicle , I assume I would be ok to drive if there was a company still with an older type truck with my current licence , I don’t want a digicard I just want to keep things simple like they were before

You LGV C1 licence is ok to use commercially until 09/09/2014 but to use that C1 category commercially after that date you must have a DQC - driver cpc card - and to get that you need to attend 35 hours of periodic dcpc

The licence and the dcpc are separate issues

ok rog maybe if I can get a job before then I can be put thru the relevant regs , .I have just sent an e mail to green and skinner they use older vehicles and vans I have noticed driving about

To be honest I think you’re really restricting the job opportunities without a driver card, digital tachographs are not that hard to learn to use and having the card would probably at-least double your chances of finding work.

Are you ok with the current EU driver regs?

Probably would open up your chances of work if you did van work rather than 7.5t work.

As others have said a digi would open up a lot of avenues.
I live a few miles from Ipswich.

Agencies would be your best bet, tell them your requirements and see what they have? best connection,DMR Barr personell all advertise 7.5t work, may be worth a shout!

have reluctantly tried agencys but nothing doing , and rog I don’t know what you mean by eu regs ?

ricardo62:
have reluctantly tried agencys but nothing doing , and rog I don’t know what you mean by eu regs ?

A vehicle over 3.5 tonnes GVW will come under EU driver regs unless it is under an exemption
eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex … 013:EN:PDF

erm gave up after reading the 2nd page ? totally greek to me couldn’t understand a word of the gibberish , if its 2 do with tacho laws which I suspect it is , I will just do what I always have done and take a 45 after 4 and half hrs and just keep tacho on bed all the time ?
as far as I know and how I used 2 wrk it was I can do two ten hours a week and after my 2nd 4.5 hrs I take a 45 then drive another hour and all other times either a 45 after 4.5 hrs or 3 x 15 mins or a 15 and a 30 in the 4.5 hrs driving ?

ricardo62:
erm gave up after reading the 2nd page ? totally greek to me couldn’t understand a word of the gibberish , if its 2 do with tacho laws which I suspect it is , I will just do what I always have done and take a 45 after 4 and half hrs and just keep tacho on bed all the time ?
as far as I know and how I used 2 wrk it was I can do two ten hours a week and after my 2nd 4.5 hrs I take a 45 then drive another hour and all other times either a 45 after 4.5 hrs or 3 x 15 mins or a 15 and a 30 in the 4.5 hrs driving ?

3 x 15s = no way now as that is just one thing which changed in 2007

If you drive for a company that goes with the RTD (mobile WTD) then you will be expected to comply with those rules as well or leave yourself open to company misconduct procedures

If you intend to drive under EU regs then you really need to be knowledgeable of the rules or be prepared to face company and/or legal consequences from the authorities

A 10 hour drive can be split in one example as - 3 drive - 45 break - 3 drive - 45 break - 4 drive

Weekly rests rules and daily rest rules have also changed slightly - used to be that 4+8 could be a split daily with the 4 split as well but now it must be a full 3+9

no payback now required for a reduced daily rest when it used to be under pre 2007 rules

Lots of changes

ricardo62:

you cant do 3x15min breaks anymore. you can do it as a straight 45 or 15 min and then a 30 min in that order.

ok thanks guys , I see it has changed a lot compared to the 1980s, thanks 4 your info …

ricardo62:
erm gave up after reading the 2nd page ? totally greek to me couldn’t understand a word of the gibberish

Try the Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs (Goods vehicles in GB and Europe)

I’ve no idea why anyone would think you want to spend your time studying the regulations rather than a VOSA guide to them :confused:

ricardo62:
ok thanks guys , I see it has changed a lot compared to the 1980s, thanks 4 your info …

Slightly easier reading - businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … 1111_3.pdf