7.5 hire

Does anyone know of anywhere around North Wales that I can hire a 7.5 tonner for a day, preferably a flat or dropside?
I am looking to buy a concrete garage off fleabay and I’ve seen that they are about 3-4 ton so would like to do it in one trip.
All I can seem to find is van hire!

How far away is the garage?

Haven’t bought one yet but just looking around North Wales, Liverpool, Cheshire areas.

If you haven’t got an Operators Licence you won’t be able to hire one now.

Why’s that?

eastmidshire.com/rental/9/le … -Lift.html
£110 per day for private use 7.5 tonner with tail lift no O licence required for private use

cupidstunt:
Why’s that?

If you were to use it for hire and reward and got caught it could be seized and hire companies are reluctant to take the risk.

Sounds like he’s buying the garage which is private use so fine without operator’s licence.

Most places will have box and tail-lift so you might struggle to find somewhere with a dropside outside the major commercial hire fleets. If it’s the sort of weight you’re indicating you might still be pushing your luck for one trip in a dropside, depends how worried you get about the risk of being stopped in your neck of the woods.

Personally I’d just upload the ebay auction straight on to Shiply and see what sort of quotes you get, less than cost of hiring I would think.

Salford Van Hire in Manchester definitely have 7.5t dropside/flatbeds.
Don’t know if that’s close enough to you to be worthwhile or not?