6x2

Is there any difference in driving a 6x2 to 4x2 . I mean will handle different

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A 6x2 is less manoeuvrable than a 4x2 because of the longer wheelbase and the (generally) non-steering mid-lift axle, but the longer wheelbase provides more stability and a smoother driving experience at running speeds.

Yeah, depends if it’s a tag or a pusher, twin-steer or dead axle, wheelbase, grip, make and model, GVW, turning circle etc etc.

Only really makes a difference in tight places, or on sufaces with low grip though.

A few hours should see you well used to the differences.

I find 4x2 very uncomfortable when solo.

We have about a 50 50 mixture of the two and as mentioned a 6 x 2 is a bit more comfortable to drive but I quite like our 4 x 2’s especially in the wet as our 6 x 2’s are very sensitive with weight and the trailer really needs to be light for that mid lift to stay up.

bald bloke:
We have about a 50 50 mixture of the two and as mentioned a 6 x 2 is a bit more comfortable to drive but I quite like our 4 x 2’s especially in the wet as our 6 x 2’s are very sensitive with weight and the trailer really needs to be light for that mid lift to stay up.

Either that or leave your wallet at home :smiley:

largebloke1969:

bald bloke:

Either that or leave your wallet at home :smiley:

My wallet is very light unfortunately, but our old 6 x 2 were nowhere near as sensitive as the new ones we have .

I prefer 6x2’s to 4x2’s, for the longer chassis and wheelbase as much as anything, but prefer twin steer to the more common fixed mid lift, sadly weight is paramount so fixed it is.

Luckily when loaded we are up at full weight, and our weight distribution is good, enough on the tractor to make sure the dog is wagging the tail and not the other way around.
All of our 6x2’s (bar the hopeless Merc, begone with you satan) the driver still has control over the mid lift up to 20mph, so traction on loose ground and at slippery junctions isn’t an issue.