6th May Eu/UK Offences

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:
Interesting times ahead. More and more voices in Europe are now starting to sound less and less co-operative, or even downright belingerent. That is only going to get worse.

Is there really anybody, anybody at all, really so deluded that they think that Europe will agree to free trade, with no freedom of movement, and no financial contribution? Does anybody really think that Europe will let Britain have its cake, and let it eat it? Theresa is doing a fine job on the retoricon, but all promises off 'the best deal for Britain ’ are wishful thinking. Or, seeing as she is a politician, downright self serving lies…

There are only two ways in which this Island is going to get out of this with any hope of a future. Don’t leave the EU (unlikely, and if that would happen, you can bet your last Pound that there will be some severe repercussions …), or rebuild a credible manufacturing base within the next few years.

The really interesting issue is what the financial services will do… if they leave for Frankfurt or Luxembourg or another Euro zone country, Britain will be finished.

If and When we leave the Eu will we still be able to use Dignitas? Slashing one`s wrists seems so messy.

If the remainers really must keep up their biased crap then at least put it on the right topic.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=145869

OwenMoney:
According to the article in todays Telegraph only foreign registered vehicles caught /snapped in Europe will be fined .Those of us with foreign plated cars will still not be fined in the Uk .

Of course, those foreign plated cars and trucks will stand out like a sore thumb. And whilst people can afford Sky plus on demand Dave, to watch Xfactory, whilst drinking and smoking ■■■, those foreign plated vehicles will be ignored. Once a post Brexit, Tory run, money less Britain wakes up to the reality of “getting our (pre 1950’s) country back”, that will change.

I’m not sure if this is the right moment, but does anybody here remember the “no blacks, no dogs, no Irish” signs in windows ? Or “no bikers” on pub walls?

the nodding donkey:

OwenMoney:
According to the article in todays Telegraph only foreign registered vehicles caught /snapped in Europe will be fined .Those of us with foreign plated cars will still not be fined in the Uk .

Of course, those foreign plated cars and trucks will stand out like a sore thumb. And whilst people can afford Sky plus on demand Dave, to watch Xfactory, whilst drinking and smoking ■■■, those foreign plated vehicles will be ignored. Once a post Brexit, Tory run, money less Britain wakes up to the reality of “getting our (pre 1950’s) country back”, that will change.

I’m not sure if this is the right moment, but does anybody here remember the “no blacks, no dogs, no Irish” signs in windows ? Or “no bikers” on pub walls?

It’s been common knowledge that the Brit law didn’t like the idea of Brits being able to take advantage of the often faster more relaxed regime on the continent because of the obvious implications of them then asking questions at home.Which probably explains the presence of Brit traffic plod on French motorways ‘co operating’ with their French counterparts especially on route to venues like Le Mans.The result being where we are now with French plod enforcing the ridiculous 130 kmh limit on clear autoroutes to draconian levels particularly in the case of Brits.Let alone charging a fortune in tolls for the privilege.

What any of that has to do with pre 1950’s Britain is anyone’s guess.But having lived a few doors away from a pub which was subject to regular Greasers v neo Mods fights including fatal results I can well understand any pub saying no bikers in the 1960’s/70’s at least.But certainly not during my biker dad’s day ( Ariel Square 4 ton up crowd together with his Vincent and Scott owning running mates ) in the 1950’s.Nor would they generally have been found in pubs anyway with transport cafes being their regular chosen venues.

As for no Irish.Having a Grandmother who took her Irish republican ideals to her dying day in honour of her teenaged Brother who was shot by the Black and Tan,I can only say that she at least was met by nothing but a warm welcome here from the time she arrived as an orphaned child,including obviously eventually by her Brit husband. :unamused: On that note unwarranted racist generalisations apply both ways regardless who they are directed against. :unamused:

Carryfast:
If the remainers really must keep up their biased crap then at least put it on the right topic.

why should they post them on the “right” thread, are you finding it difficult to find Brexit and EU posts to give us your totally unbiased opinion. :laughing:

muckles:

Carryfast:

why should they post them on the “right” thread, are you finding it difficult to find Brexit and EU posts to give us your totally unbiased opinion. :laughing:

Does TNUK have a retirement home? :smiley:
Or would Dignitas be more humane? :open_mouth:

muckles:

Carryfast:

Why should they post them on the ‘‘right’’ thread , are you finding it difficult to find Brexit and EU posts to give us your totally unbiased opinion. :laughing:

Because ‘some’ of us get the off topic replies to the off topic posts moaned at and/or removed by the mods. :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

OwenMoney:

That article is arguing that the driver not the registered keeper of the vehicle is liable for any fine. How many UK people have had a penalty notice through, said they dont know who the driver was, and heard no more? Id wager its not many. Maybe the UK authorities will decide its too difficult to enforce fines? Who knows? At least they have the chance to do so now.

muckles:
Nice one Franglais, :laughing:

I didn’t want to reply and take this thread off course, but I’m going to as it seems to have done so already.
Being fully signed up member’s of the globalised, free market club and friends with big business and financial institutions, (who will no doubt offer them nicely lucrative consultancies positions after their parliamentary career if they do their bidding) Many conservative MP’s are Pro-EU, so I think May might have played a bit of blinder (for those that support her anyway :frowning: ) by holding an election now, it might give her a massive majority in parliament, so less need to keep the Anti-Euro bunch happy and also 3 years after we leave to the next election to show it’s working.

I reckon once all the showboating is done and the serious negotiations start the needs of the multi nationals and financials intuitions will come out on top for both sides, :unamused:
The deal will be free trade in goods and especially services (to keep the City happy), in return for free movement of labour, again as businesses say they want that also. There might be some sort of restrictions on paper, like you have to have a job to come to, to make it look like there is a sorting process, but it won’t make much difference in practice.
We will pay an “exit fee” over a period of years, so actually it becomes a continued membership fee, and there might be a bit of a punishment to stop others thinking on the same lines, but basically it will be business as usual.

I too think the result will be something along those lines, it didn’t make sense to go for an election to actually formalise or negotiate Brexit.
A full 5 year term gives them more chance to bamboozle the disappointed and betrayed majority who voted for Brexit once the truth outs and we realise that once again we have elected traitors.

3 years after the event is more than enough time to bribe and/or brainwash enough so the torries (once again betraying their people) don’t get punished come the next election.

Speaking of which, they’ve already got that one in the bag no matter what they do too, Labour finished, Blair can’t help poisoning everything he touches and until he dies the most treasonous and anti British working class Labour govt of all time is still associated with him in peoples minds, better still he’s demented enough to try for the leadership again, Corbyn turned out to be as principle-less as any others and unable to instill loyalty, who else is there Dianne Abbott?
Libs the anti Brexit party going to be a party without a cause because Brexit, as those of us who voted for it was never intended by our corrupted and bought leaders and isn’t going to be delivered, Libs neutered.

UKIP did it’s designated job of destroying the BNP (dash it, should have said ‘odious’ before BNP, now i’ll never get that job in the MSM), and is now more or less washed up, unless Farage returns to front line politics fronting another party i can see no one else in the wings, so we return once again to the two similar parties and a third one that might be useful to prop up an unelected govt (as they did Cameron) which fails to get a mandate, and makes itself useful as someone to blame when we slide another dozen rungs down the ladder of national bankruptcy and disaster…not to worry when things go ■■■■ up and hundreds of thousands lose their jobs and homes thats when the real rich who direct things make killings buying property companies and people on the cheap.

Handily in another 5 years when the truth dawns, another few million usually patriotic old uns will have passed on, replaced by another few millions immigrants, so the 2.5 party system will carry on.

Of course Mm LePen could win and that will throw a spanner in the works, unless they get to her like they seem to have done with Farage and Trump.

What they haven’t worked out is what happens in a generation or two’s time, when the demograph of the country (whole continent) changes at an accelerating rate, all bets are off then.

Ive always said that DVLA breaks the data protection act by giving away details ( for a price ) to all who asks for it. Seems strange that the EU can access our data, yet we cannot. I get peeved seeing for eg foreign registerd vehicles whose owners live and work here, yet continue to drive them. theres a few in my street, who have been here for 5 years or more, and we cannot access their data to see if they have insurance and tax etc let alone an mot, so im even more peeved to know the eu can access dvla for mine ( should i break the law ) I suppose my advantage is running on BG plates for my work, and dont have to pay for parking or dartford toll… :smiley:

truckyboy:
Ive always said that DVLA breaks the data protection act by giving away details ( for a price ) to all who asks for it. Seems strange that the EU can access our data, yet we cannot. I get peeved seeing for eg foreign registerd vehicles whose owners live and work here, yet continue to drive them. theres a few in my street, who have been here for 5 years or more, and we cannot access their data to see if they have insurance and tax etc let alone an mot, so im even more peeved to know the eu can access dvla for mine ( should i break the law ) I suppose my advantage is running on BG plates for my work, and dont have to pay for parking or dartford toll… :smiley:

I’ll bite.

You complain about foreigners running their cars here, on foreign plates?
But you think it’s fine to run a truck over here, on BG plates?
Do you not wash either, to give that authentic ‘Bulgarian on tour’ effect?

the nodding donkey:

truckyboy:

I’ll bite.

You complain about foreigners running their cars here, on foreign plates?
But you think it’s fine to run a truck over here, on BG plates?
Do you not wash either, to give that authentic ‘Bulgarian on tour’ effect?

Strange how we all work sometimes isnt it lol. I’d personally ignore a speeding fine if i was ever issued one from the UK but paid the dartford toll last time and have done so this time around as well even knowing full well i could get away with it… :wink:

Ps, Truckyboy…EU countries have no direct access to DVLA’s info, its only available as a request…

Carryfast:

muckles:

Carryfast:

Why should they post them on the ‘‘right’’ thread , are you finding it difficult to find Brexit and EU posts to give us your totally unbiased opinion. :laughing:

Because ‘some’ of us get the off topic replies to the off topic posts moaned at and/or removed by the mods. :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

That’s because they went on and on and on, hijacking several threads. :wink:

Juddian:

muckles:
Nice one Franglais, :laughing:

I didn’t want to reply and take this thread off course, but I’m going to as it seems to have done so already.
Being fully signed up member’s of the globalised, free market club and friends with big business and financial institutions, (who will no doubt offer them nicely lucrative consultancies positions after their parliamentary career if they do their bidding) Many conservative MP’s are Pro-EU, so I think May might have played a bit of blinder (for those that support her anyway :frowning: ) by holding an election now, it might give her a massive majority in parliament, so less need to keep the Anti-Euro bunch happy and also 3 years after we leave to the next election to show it’s working.

I reckon once all the showboating is done and the serious negotiations start the needs of the multi nationals and financials intuitions will come out on top for both sides, :unamused:
The deal will be free trade in goods and especially services (to keep the City happy), in return for free movement of labour, again as businesses say they want that also. There might be some sort of restrictions on paper, like you have to have a job to come to, to make it look like there is a sorting process, but it won’t make much difference in practice.
We will pay an “exit fee” over a period of years, so actually it becomes a continued membership fee, and there might be a bit of a punishment to stop others thinking on the same lines, but basically it will be business as usual.

I too think the result will be something along those lines, it didn’t make sense to go for an election to actually formalise or negotiate Brexit.
A full 5 year term gives them more chance to bamboozle the disappointed and betrayed majority who voted for Brexit once the truth outs and we realise that once again we have elected traitors.

3 years after the event is more than enough time to bribe and/or brainwash enough so the torries (once again betraying their people) don’t get punished come the next election.

Speaking of which, they’ve already got that one in the bag no matter what they do too, Labour finished, Blair can’t help poisoning everything he touches and until he dies the most treasonous and anti British working class Labour govt of all time is still associated with him in peoples minds, better still he’s demented enough to try for the leadership again, Corbyn turned out to be as principle-less as any others and unable to instill loyalty, who else is there Dianne Abbott?
Libs the anti Brexit party going to be a party without a cause because Brexit, as those of us who voted for it was never intended by our corrupted and bought leaders and isn’t going to be delivered, Libs neutered.

UKIP did it’s designated job of destroying the BNP (dash it, should have said ‘odious’ before BNP, now i’ll never get that job in the MSM), and is now more or less washed up, unless Farage returns to front line politics fronting another party i can see no one else in the wings, so we return once again to the two similar parties and a third one that might be useful to prop up an unelected govt (as they did Cameron) which fails to get a mandate, and makes itself useful as someone to blame when we slide another dozen rungs down the ladder of national bankruptcy and disaster…not to worry when things go ■■■■ up and hundreds of thousands lose their jobs and homes thats when the real rich who direct things make killings buying property companies and people on the cheap.

Handily in another 5 years when the truth dawns, another few million usually patriotic old uns will have passed on, replaced by another few millions immigrants, so the 2.5 party system will carry on.

Of course Mm LePen could win and that will throw a spanner in the works, unless they get to her like they seem to have done with Farage and Trump.

What they haven’t worked out is what happens in a generation or two’s time, when the demograph of the country (whole continent) changes at an accelerating rate, all bets are off then.

Although the Brexit vote was mainly an older generation thing, the populist movements in much of the rest of Europe has a lot of support from younger people. Mainly because they’re ■■■■■■ off with high youth unemployment and lack of opportunities, like the French barman in the hotel I was staying at last week, 28 years old, done a bit of travelling, lived in Paris for a while but couldn’t get a job, so moved back to his home town of Nevers with his girlfriend, and the only job he can find is part-time bar work, not much good for somebody who wants to settle down. I did also notice an awful lot of Frexit posters and abandoned commercial buildings in Nevers

I think if the opportunities for that generation don’t improve in the next few years, then I there will be civil unrest in many parts of Europe. Looking back at history I think all the ingredients for revolution are in place it just needs the spark. But those in power seem complacent, actually it’s one of the ingredients, but like those in power before them they think they will have control forever and therefore won’t give up thier power and wealth, instead it will have to be prised out of thier cold dead hands.

The Older generations defeated the Younger people in France with the election of Macron just as the Older folk won in Britain with Brexit.

The difference is, the French elderly are respected in France. In this country, they are despised by the very people they bled for, paid into a pension their entire lives for, and asked for nothing in return, but in the end - didn’t even get that.

We’ll see if Theresa May’s anticipated “Thumping Majority” gives the UK establishment the balls to stand up to the EU directives - and defy any imposed laws that involve money leaving these isles for the continent’s enforcement of one-way laws… :bulb:

Winseer:
The Older generations defeated the Younger people in France with the election of Macron just as the Older folk won in Britain with Brexit.

The difference is, the French elderly are respected in France. In this country, they are despised by the very people they bled for, paid into a pension their entire lives for, and asked for nothing in return, but in the end - didn’t even get that.

We’ll see if Theresa May’s anticipated “Thumping Majority” gives the UK establishment the balls to stand up to the EU directives - and defy any imposed laws that involve money leaving these isles for the continent’s enforcement of one-way laws… :bulb:

The elderly don’t get as much respect in this country because, by and large, they are xenophobic short sighted racist bigots…who still believe that we should have an empire and that slavery wasn’t ‘that bad really’!

Winseer:

What with the UK being pretty much completely bolloxed as a whole (hole), i very much doubt a few quid leaving the UK’s shores will have much effect on keeping it afloat . Once brexit is done and dusted the UK will be a forgotten isle pretty much useless (even worse than it is now) to any other EU nation… :sunglasses:

DonutUK:
The elderly don’t get as much respect in this country because, by and large, they are xenophobic short sighted racist bigots…who still believe that we should have an empire and that slavery wasn’t ‘that bad really’!

To be fair from the point of view of middle age the younger generations by and large seem to have serious sense of entitlement issues and been indoctrinated by PC Socialist ideology to the point of self loathing of their own country and wanting to hand it over to an immigrant demographic.That applies whether it’s France or here.

As for the so called Empire let alone the days of slavery you’re actually referring to the long dead not the elderly.While any of the ‘elderly’ I’ve ever known thought the Empire was just a drain on our resources at home in which we gave it loads of our hard earned cash and civilisation in the form of agriculture and valuable manufactured goods which they couldn’t do for themselves in exchange for what exactly.As for slavery it wasn’t exactly that great for our own in the day.With such examples as the Peterloo Massacre or shipping working class dissenters of to the penal colonies like Australia.

DonutUK:

Winseer:

The generation of senior citizens in this country aren’t the wartime generation as many Brexit Facebook posts would have you believe, those left of that generation are well into thier 90’s now, mostly they are my mother generation, they are the ones that marched to ban the bomb, that got laws on race and ■■■ discrimination introduced. So racists bigots I doubt it, just ■■■■■■ off with decades of being taken for a ride by the establishment.

As for this generation, what have they marched for, not for others it seems to me but for themselves. Marches against students loans, marches to stay in the EU, complaining that the older generation had taken away thier future, ask the many unemployed young people of Italy, Spain, Greece and France about having thier future taken away?
And if they were so worried about EU membership why did they get out and vote in the number the older generation.

This generation seems to be a generation of entitlement, but I have a right to be in the EU? Not if you don’t vote for it you don’t, and then you have safe spaces at universities. So the precious little dears don’t hear anything that they might disagree with, for ■■■■ sake university is supposed to be a place where you can debate ideas, argue against those that you disagree with not ban anything you don’t like.

Funny how being a patriot has morphed into a thing of ridicule to the new generation.

Good job there were patriots before, or the soft pampered entitled existence they enjoy wouldn’t be what it is now.

As for bigot’s, well represented by the new snowflake generation who are bigots of the worse kind who won’t hear other views or opinions, who want to ban those who don’t agree with them, they are always right and anyone who disagrees must not be allowed to speak or to be heard in their safe spaces, borderline fascists who react violently to anything they don’t want to hear or people they don’t like, epitomised by certain left wing protest groups well versed in violence.
Mad keen on free speech, so long as they decide which views can be heard, ironic how they call others fascists.

They’ll find out the hard way in the years to come, no platforming Germaine Greer sticking your fingers in your ears and singing lalala i can’t hear you won’t save you from what’s coming, Swedes and Germans, plus the French who live in the cities and near the ports are discovering the hard way but still apparently want more of the same and have just voted turkey like for Christmas.
Not forgetting the Greeks and Italians who are seeing first hand what is in store.

London has seen the first efforts, thousands of undefended (and bloody disgraceful that) young girls in certain towns could give you another view.
Apparently the online magazine (staggering such a thing exists but i won’t name it) published by Isis has given instructions and suggestions for more killings from their followers, London areas suggested.
You don’t get much more ‘bigoted’ than some swine in a vehicle driving at or over innocent people or knifing them.

I always thought a Bigot was someone that couldn’t be sold to, could not ever change their opinion about something, and of course could never be proven wrong.
Instead, we have this notion nowadays that “Bigot” seems equated with “Old Fashioned” or “Feet of Clay” type arguments.

I usually find I don’t get called “Bigot”, until I criticize someone that unbeknownst to me was some “minority” or other.
I don’t get called “Racist” until I have admitted that I voted for UKIP in the past…
I don’t get called “Xenophobic” until I talk about “Foreign acts of war” or “foreign bullying” as if anyone outside of Britain cannot possibly do resident Brits any harm at all…

It’s almost as if people cannot form opinions of their own, and have to wait for someone else to pass by and stick an unfounded label upon those they don’t agree with.

I’ve seen a lot of trolling overnight on other boards I frequent regarding the outcome to the French Election. It’s well known that Macron intends to join the EU high command in “making life difficult for Britain” in the very near future.

So, do we bend over and bring our own vaseline, or do I say we fight off such an aggressive stance from the mainland, albeit risking being called all the usual in the process? :unamused:

I have nothing against any European country as a nation state. It’s the EU itself that has divided the populations of each state against each other though.
There’s nothing unfair about 100% enforcement when it’s BOTH ways at once.
We fine all foreign offenders on our roads, and they do the same to us through the same clearing system.

What’s going to happen alas, is British road users will get persecuted by these fines, whilst UK authorities attempting to fine Foreign offenders on our roads - get stonewalled by the EU bureaucrat machine “As punishment for trying to leave”…

This country doesn’t go under until we roll over and die upon their command.
About half of us have already woken up and realized we don’t have to do anything the EU demands of us. That’s the whole purpose of leaving.

The reason for having powerful treaties is that we ALL benefit. That arrangement has become rather lop-sided some time since, and as the EU refuses to reform - we’re going to have to force the issue for them, or just leave and accept we cannot change them at all. Either way, we’re OUT of it though.

Everlasting Austerity is NOT a price worth paying to “stay in” like Greece ended up paying.
Personally, I’d rather “do my bit” in Wartime than just be told to “f— off and rot” by those with all the money and power.

Hard Brexit it is then. :imp: