6ft 6in wide Stobbart truck

The sooner they put hgv only lanes in roadworks the better, then we can all carry on at 50 and let cars dither along at 30 or whatever :smiley:

Grayham:
The sooner they put hgv only lanes in roadworks the better, then we can all carry on at 50 and let cars dither along at 30 or whatever :smiley:

That wont ever happen lol

What they should put up is signs saying keep to the speed limit dont ■■■■ about and get moving or something along those lines

looking at the picture the stobarts truck is in the right lane[isnt the stobarts truck the back one of the three trucks together]its the tesco truck thats in the wrong lane :wink: :laughing:

nickyboy:
Trouble is that using the lane isn’t actually an offence, the offence if the Police choose to do you for it would be driving without due care, there is no contravening a width limit offence that i am aware of, normally because you cant contravine it as your vehicle is too big

I think you might be wrong…

TS50 Failing to comply with traffic sign (excluding - stop -signs, traffic lights or double white lines) 3 points

44 Tonne Ton:

nickyboy:
Trouble is that using the lane isn’t actually an offence, the offence if the Police choose to do you for it would be driving without due care, there is no contravening a width limit offence that i am aware of, normally because you cant contravine it as your vehicle is too big

I think you might be wrong…

TS50 Failing to comply with traffic sign (excluding - stop -signs, traffic lights or double white lines) 3 points

I stand corrected

ady1:
looking at the picture the stobarts truck is in the right lane[isnt the stobarts truck the back one of the three trucks together]its the tesco truck thats in the wrong lane :wink: :laughing:

Looks like the rear of a Tesco wagon, out in the 6’6" width restricted lane, to me.
I don’t get why so many car drivers go through these 50 limits at 30 - 40 though, 45 or so is fair enough.
Car speedo’s are set to read slightly high, and you don’t want to get done for speeding so you keep it 1 or 2 below the limit to be on the safe side, I can understand that and put up with it fairly happily :frowning: , but over 10 mph below the limit :question: :imp: :imp:

Regular occurance on that stretch on nightshift browser there`s quite a few 6ft 6 wide trucks about :unamused: :unamused:

It’s just the British attitude to getting further than you! It doesn’t happen at roadworks in France etc…We just don’t care, that’s the problem. :confused:

it always amazes me that the fastest travelling vehicles in roadworks are trucks. it is frustrating sitting behind cars doing 30-40 when signs prohibit you from moving into the second lane to overtake them.

thats why we ignore the signs. went through Hatfield tunnel today, 22mph■■? yes I went in the 2nd lane

Lycanthrope:
thats why we ignore the signs. went through Hatfield tunnel today, 22mph■■? yes I went in the 2nd lane

Dont blame ya mate i would of done aswell…

I count myself lucky that I don’t have to use the motorway that often, and the only bit I have to suffer the roadworks in is the lafarge/costain barrier installation between j15-14 of the m4.