68 plate fh4 night heater timer

Hopefully this is easy answered. Brand new 68 plate Volvo. In my opinion a great truck to drive. Only problem I have is for the life of me I cannot find how to set the timer for the night heater in this weather! Before there are any remarks btw, I have been online and checked the videos and manuals etc which tell me where the timer menu SHOULD be in the dash menus, but unbelievably I don’t have that option appearing. Surely a modern truck hasn’t gone backwards and a timer is now an option?!! I’ve asked at the Volvo dealer and got shrugged shoulders from the mechanic. Any ideas please?

The only place ive ever found it is in the dash menu as you dont seem to be able to set them by the interface on the bunk. Have you checked all of the submenus when you go into the main menu (by clicking the middle button on the right hand side of the steering wheel)? I think it is named P climate timer or heater timer. After you have set one you can turn the timer on and off on interface on the bed.

Ill have a look when i get back into my lorry tomorrow evening and ill update with better steps if you havent figured already.

Thanks for the reply. I have an option for the heater but only gives me choices of ‘off’ or ‘auto-start’ which looking in the menu only makes the heater start up when the ignition is turned on. If you click it on, no other menu appears. Seems very backwards design from the old Volvos

I know it is of no help to yourself ,though I work on DAF and again with them the new nightheater is a pain…Luckily the handbook if a driver gets it explains how to set it .Though you can’t blame DAF if the driver never gets the handbook …But like you and your volvo ,a lot of the new technology that is meant to be a step forward ,ends up overly complicated and a step backwards…No doubt one day it will all be second nature ,but it is us who have to use / fix this when it first comes out who suffer he most…No matter what some think all trucks are a much for much and have issues …It is all down to how good the dealer network is in your area …If they can’t keep staff then you are on a loser …Sadly I have 20 plus years with DAF and do get 99% of faults sorted …I may not be the fastest ,I may not do anything in the book time ,but I rarely get vehicles coming back that I have worked on ,and I rarely misdiagnoise…

Ign on. Press middle toggle driver side, tap down to heater timers, Parking climate, press middle toggle in, times appear, press middle in again, time flashes, toggle up or down, then press in, set temp, press in, chossen once,daily or recurring, toggle down, for day,. The time you have set is the time it will be all nice and warm, not when it switches on. Also set dash to same temp as you set the timer.

It all used to be so much easier when they had an analogue clock with a little orange hand that you could wind round, like on an old alarm clock. Of course, you couldn’t set it to turn on at a certain time on a certain day, three weeks later but does anybody actually do that?

I’ve driving an MAN at the moment, and despite spending hours trying to set the night heater using the manual, I’ve just given up now. If I was intelligent enough to understand how to do it, I would have become a rocket scientist instead of a truck driver. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the replies. I understand how to set a timer, it’s the fact that there is no option for timers. I have to go into Setting, Climate, and all I get is ‘off’ or ‘autostart’. From what I can see online there is meant to be a heater option between ‘gauges’ and ‘load indicator’. I can only keep asking Volvo and hope it’s a software update or something

aberdeenewan:
Thanks for the replies. I understand how to set a timer, it’s the fact that there is no option for timers. I have to go into Setting, Climate, and all I get is ‘off’ or ‘autostart’. From what I can see online there is meant to be a heater option between ‘gauges’ and ‘load indicator’. I can only keep asking Volvo and hope it’s a software update or something

Tap the autostart option.

The heater timers is on RH screen, go to heater timers, press toggle in, should bring up parking climate, press middle toggle in again.

Here goes, might help you :wink:

Pictures in wrong order start from picture 3.going up.

IMG_20190204_212305.jpg

IMG_20190204_212314.jpg

IMG_20190204_212322.jpg