63p per mile

I had to bite my tongue today.

I was stood in the yard this morning talking to one of the European owner driver’s who was telling me he did Sheffield-Leeds-Broxburn?(Ian can you confirm?)-Ayr-Leeds and from the money he was paid for the run it worked out at 63p per mile. :open_mouth:

Apparently the reason why he did the job was because

“it’s been quiet lately” [unquote].

I couldn’t make my mind up whether to burst out laughing at his stupidity for doing it or be angry because it’s clown’s like him that are causing the industry to be - and stay - in the state it’s in.

Even I know that there isn’t any profit to be made at that rate :frowning: .

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Rob,You was talking to someone today that went to France and back at least 5 times,How much did he get per mile. :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: At least that other guy saw some nice scenery,apart fae water. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
Rob,You was talking to someone today that went to France and back at least 5 times,How much did he get per mile. :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: At least that other guy saw some nice scenery,apart fae water. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No it wasn’t Ian - he’s got more sense than that it would seem. :bulb:

Btw, we’re safe to talk about him until mid next week because he’s shipping out tomorrow :smiley: .

Rob - I concur.

Kitkat - nuts to you. At least they’d let me get on a freery - you on the other hand… :wink:

ianyng:
Rob - I concur.

Kitkat - nuts to you. At least they’d let me get on a freery - you on the other hand… :wink:

On a what :question: :laughing:

Don’t you know what a freery is?
You have led a sheltered life. :laughing:

ianyng:

You might be able to see what you’re typing a bit better if you take that bloody box off your head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who said that■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Rob K:

ianyng:

You might be able to see what you’re typing a bit better if you take that bloody box off your head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: FPMSL Classic response from RobK
And classic comeback from ianyng :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Kitkat - nuts to you. At least they’d let me get on a freery

Is that the same as a ferry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i once couldnt help but busrt out laughing…

when i was doing stobarts on the agency i was doing sat nights £15.00 ph i was at coke at edmonton and got talking to a driver who was drivng for an owner driver in stobbies colours…

this driver was on … on a sat night £8.00 ph all hrs and he did fri sat sun night at the same rate well i felt mean afterwards but at the time when he told me i just cracked out laughing and when i finished i gave him some food for thought and told him what i was on.