60mph limiter after Brexit?

IndigoJo:

damoq:
Probably unlikely to happen due to most trucks being designed to give best performance and economy at 56mph.

Really? Even trucks built in countries where the maximum speed limit is 50mph?

We’re talking about running at 60mph as opposed to 50mph though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muckles:

Uncle Albie:
Oh yeah and there was nobody yapping on phones and being distracted in these days.

True no phones, especially smartphones, but they were reading map, looking for the correct page in their AtoZ, reaching for their cigarettes and lighter or looking through their cassette collection.

No time for any of that, in those days the lovely ladies dressed, er, very well, so spotlessly clean windows was the order of the day and every day was spent soaking up all that lovely scenery.

AndrewG:

Dolph:
Knowing how obsessed this country is with H&S, I very much doubt you will see increase in speed limit. Quite the opposite, it might go down even more.
In many countries in EU trucks are still driven at 100km/h/62mph, simply the limiter is adjusted to 100, not to 90.

^
This

Mine does 100kph so do many hundreds of other euro trucks…different to the Uk, here its a variable interpretation of 90kph…

and over here its well variable… :smiley:

Lonewolf Yorks:
As far as I’m aware the speed limit on our motorways is still 60mph. Does that then mean we can change the speed limiter once we’ve left? Or in fact bin it altogether?

Another plonker, (as far as im aware the speed limit on our motorways) yes very professional where is this person living, it cant be uk there is no one that thick or is there o yes there is and there driving beside you every day how frightening is that

looks like attitude boy has got the painters in this week… :unamused:

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

Dolph:
Knowing how obsessed this country is with H&S, I very much doubt you will see increase in speed limit. Quite the opposite, it might go down even more.
In many countries in EU trucks are still driven at 100km/h/62mph, simply the limiter is adjusted to 100, not to 90.

^
This

Mine does 100kph so do many hundreds of other euro trucks…different to the Uk, here its a variable interpretation of 90kph…

I know it is, ive been sat at 100 and been passed by some of you boys :wink:
LKW Walter and Willi Betz , i think their limiters have long since been binned :grimacing:

[/quote]
[/quote]
I know it is, ive been sat at 100 and been passed by some of you boys :wink:
LKW Walter and Willi Betz , i think their limiters have long since been binned :grimacing:
[/quote]
usually the willi driver is just trying to get away from the ming from the 2nd mans armpits… :grimacing: